[IELTS] Why teens engage with crimes

silverfi 2 / 5  
Resent figures show an increase in violent crime among youngsters under the age of 18. Some psychologists claim that the basic reason for this is that children these days are not getting the social and emotional learning they need from parents and teachers.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Guiding teenagers towards a better tomorrow is our responsibility. In order to ensure that teens are moving in the right direction, they need a full support from the society, family, and friends. Unfortunately, we are losing the bonding strength and harmony between parents, teachers, and teenagers in this modern society due to the fast and complex life; and it sometimes results youngsters to engage with crimes.

In modern family, we can often observe family members do not really spend time together even though the size of family is much smaller than previous extended-family. Many teenagers say they do not feel included in their family because their parents are always busy for their lives. The lack of communication and understanding in families has already become a social issue. This circumstance makes teens feel alienated and might lead them to dark side of the world.

In modern education system, the curriculum has been more academic and created enormous tension of competition among fellow students. The gap of financial and intelligent background between youngsters is huge and it causes blockages to dream teens' bright future. Some teenagers fail in academic achievement and then mislead themselves as there are no opportunities in their future; and it may guide them towards crimes.

In conclusion, I agree there is a lack of support system for modern teenagers to be understood and understand, to be consoled and console, and to be advised and advise so that they plan how to build up their concrete future. Therefore, unsatisfied teens may tie with crimes, drugs, and alcohols. Teenagers stand at the most unstable position between children and adults in the lifespan, so they need much social and emotional support from groups and people around them.

[286 words]

"I saw this topic on this site and I wanted to try it in my way. So please throw your idea and advice freely about this essay. Thank you."

"And I've got cut my two other essays yesterday and I had no idea why. I hope the operator let me know the reason from next time if you do so again."
rajanigandha 1 / 4  
Hi silverfi,

I am agree the points you have mentioned provoke children engage in crime. I also believe there may be another factor like television,lack of moral lessons .
OP silverfi 2 / 5  
Thank you, dear.
That's another idea!! :D
Cheers...
greneroom1 - / 2  
Just a tidbit of advise, you should never say the words "in conclusion". don't tell your reader it's the conclusion, rather, let your conclusion speak for itself. good luck with the rest of your essay!!!

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS] Why teens engage with crimes