IELTS Task 1: UK telephone calls - number of mins

Bob brother 15 / 22  
THE CHART BELOW SHOWS THE TOTAL NUMBER OF MINUTES (IN BILLIONS) OF TELEPHONE CALLS IN THE UK, DIVIDED INTO THREE CATEGORIES FROM 1995-2002.

The bar chart compares the overall amount of minutes of UK telephone calls, by three categories between 1995 and 2002.

It is clear that local-fixed line was by far the most used telephone call type. It is also noticeable that although mobile calls increased dramaticly for the last 4-year period, it was fewest used type.

In 1995, more than 70 billion minutes were used to make a call in local - fixed line, whereas, national and international, and mobiles were used about 38 billion and only less than 4 billion minutes. Between the years of 1995 and 1998, mobile calls increased steadily from lowest point to around 9 billion minutes. the following years, this type rose rapidly from 13 billion to 45 billion minutes over the 4-year period.

Clearly, national and international -fixed line type increased steadily from the beginning 1995 to the end of the year 2002. By contrast, local -fixed line increased gradually to the highest point 90 billion minutes by 1999. However, during again the 4- year period, you can see a little by little fall in local -fixed line from peaking point to lowest around 72 billion minutes.

I CANNOT UPLOAD PICTURE, PLEASE CHECK IF YOU CAN WITHOUT IMAGE (( I LL PUT IT LATER
Where is the bar chart? You should have uploaded the image for us to have a closer look and provide you more relevant and meaningful comments. Upload the graph using the "Attch File(s)" feature in the Message Section (at the bottom).

It is clear thatOverall, local-fixed line was by far the most used telephone call type.
Since this is a task on assessing your report writing skills, better you an appropriate tone for report writing.
MisterWandering 18 / 321 130  
the overall amount of minutes

Amount is used with uncountable nouns. In this case, you should use "number" instead.

dramaticly

dramatically

it was fewest used type.

it was the least used type.

more than 70 billion minutes were used to make a call in local - fixed line

I think this sentence sounds unnatural. Minutes are not used to make phone calls.
In 1995, the total number of minutes of local-fixed lines was the highest with 70 billion.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 1: UK telephone calls - number of mins