IELTS TASK 1; UK TELEPHONE CALLS - three categories

Robotintheworld 2 / 3  
The given bar chart demonstrates the time spent by UK residents on three different types of telephone calls between 1995 and 2002, which are local fixed line, national and international line as well as mobile calls.

Overall, although local fixed line calls were still the most popular in 2002, the gap between the three categories had narrowed considerably over the second half of the period.

It is obvious that local fixed line calls were the highest throughout the period, rising from 72 million to approximate 90 million in 1998. After peaking at 90 million the following year, it went back to the same figure as in 1998 by 2002. Different from the trend of local fixed line calls, national and international fixed calls climbed up stably all the time, though the growth slowed over the last two years. Mobile calls grew at the first half of the period while the rise became sharp after 1999. At last, the use of mobile phones was tripled as in 1999 by 2002.

• bar chart
First, you need to have a more meaningful title for your essays. Please have a title relevant to your writing in the Subject field when you open a fresh thread. It is god mention "IELTS" in the title too :) This title has been attended by us.

Well, in the overview you need to give us an overall idea about the graph. Here you should talk about major trends or observations that you notice at a glance. Don't have any analysis or data here.
niesaysi 16 / 290 85  
It is obvious that local fixed line calls were the highest throughout the period, rising from 72 million to approximate 90 million in 1998.

Let us change the bold part into a more direct one.
Evidently, local fixed line calls were the highest throughout the period, rising from 72 million to approximate 90 million in 1998.
Also, it is good to have about two detailed body paragraphs. Sort your ideas into two categories and have two separate paras to present them.

After peaking at 90 million the following year, it went backreturned to the almost same figure as in 1998 by 2002.

Different fromIn contrast to the trend of local fixed line calls, national and international fixed calls climbed up stablyhad shown a steady rise all the time, though the growth slowed over the last two years

You write very well! :)
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  

Let's give a try for the overview:
Overall, the most popular category was recorded by local fixed line calls and, if that is the case, three categories opened up a small gap during the second half of the period.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 1; UK TELEPHONE CALLS - three categories