IELTS WRITING TASK 2: TELEVISION

Weow 2 / 2  
Some ppl believe that children can learn effectively by watching tv and they should be encouraged to watch tv both at home and at school.to what extent do you agree or disagree?

A television-rich environment has recently grown beyond recognition, bringing a new set of concerns with it. Then, some folks advocate the most prevalent media that will reap benefits for the development of children' personality. Nevertheless, in some advantageous settings, I would suggest that mass television viewing may actually convince a bunch of negative exposures.

Without doubt, the creation of telegenic contents brings all supplement vision to avid learners. By virtue of serving as powerful pro-social teaching devices, active recreational settings incorporated with amiable character can easily edify precious dignities or even improve academic performance. Watching sesame street is an example of how toddlers can absorb valuable lessons about racial harmony, cooperation, kindness, simple arithmetic and the alphabet as an educational television format. Moreover, with the advent of wireless connection, the opportunity of understanding about the surrounding world is no longer a challenge.in other words, public programs stimulate the developmental level to a certain extent.

But frankly speaking, the flux of passive tobacco propaganda through broadcast networks have promoted a more implicit but no less clear concept of most underage children. In a little more detail, excessive individuals smoking scenes expand adolescent presentation to cigarettes despite the fact that authorities have banned smoke commercials on TV. I have a feeling that This exposure of product replacement makes those practices appear okay. Hence, it is not by accident that recent estimation has shown the rising likelihood that young viewers will associate themselves with smoking.

In conclusion, television has a significant credibility for providing youth with access to a source of information while attaching with profound detriments. Therefore, parental guidance should wisely explain why some programs are not suitable and praise children for making applicable choices.
dane0305 2 / 6  
@Weow
Hello, despite you developed good and clear ideas, giving strong arguments; I think that you didn't answer the question: to what extent do you agree or disagree?

I know the answer is implicit in the first paragraph, but try to give a clear and explicit answer.
More than that, I have nothing else to recommend.
Good luck.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 2: TELEVISION