Television for children. bad and good influences

celu 8 / 20  
hello everybody,
please correct my essay, and give me some suggestions. I need to pass an exam in September. thank you very much.

Nowadays television has become a part of our life , and it has a big influence upon us. We as adults, don't have much time to watch it, especially if we have a job, but children usually spend lot of time in front of screen. Undoubtedly, in time, they get influenced by it and the problem is if that's a good or bad influence.

As tv has good and bad channels, hence very dangerous for children, I think the family has a huge influence in their choice. If the child belongs to a good and educated family, probably they will monitor his time in front of television, and the quality of programs as well. If the child belongs to an unorganized family or a family without moral values, is more likely that he will spend much time before screen ,and hence he will be negatively influenced .

In my opinion, television is a good tool, if we choose educational programs as ``Animal planet``, ``Discovery``, or sport channels. Especially sport channels are very good and educational, and they motivate children to practice a sport or to reach their goal in life. I remember when I was a child I was fascinated by figure skating and his heroes. Skaters like Nancy Kerrigan, Victor Petrenko or Surya Bonaly impressed me a lot through their work and perseverance, and motivated me to study more, in order to succed in school. ``Animal planet`` is also a good channel, a world which fascinates people who watch it. When I have a little time , it is my pleasure to spend it in front of screen, learning new and interesting things about animals' life. Therefore, if parents emphasis good habits in children, and urge them to watch good channels, they can take advantage, and learn a lot from television. If the whole family watches the news every night it is a good routine. Musical programs also are good because relieve stress, and give a feeling of comfort .The parents are the role model for their children, and if they will avoid the channels with negative influence, the children do the same.

On the other hand, the children who are not supervised and monitored by their parents tend to watch violent movies and cartoons, and even worse, they tend to act like their favourite characters. This can affect them psychically , they can get violent or rebel ,and it can even have consequences in adulthood. I have a neighbour whose child likes violent movies, and he watches them a lot. When I'm observing him, I can notice the difference between him and others, and it is visible his tendency to kick, scream, push or hit other kids. That is why parents need to set limits for their children , and to make a daily schedule for television. Violent movies or cartoons can have a negative impact upon children, and they should be avoided.

In my opinion, children should be motivated to watch educational channels that can have a good influence upon them. The good books turned into movies, can model their behaviour and even positively influence their character. Therefore, is parents' responsibility to supervise their children, to urge them to watch good channels, and to offer good movies.
Undoubtedly, in time, they get influenced by it and the problem is if that's a good or badwhether this influence is good or bad .

As sometvTVhas good and bad channels telecast programs that can have a negative impact on young minds , hencewatching TV sometimes can be very dangerous for children. I think the family has aadults need to have a greater huge influence in their children's choice of TV programs in order to avoid adverse effects they can cause in young children.
OP celu 8 / 20  
THANK YOU DUMI. BUT THE REST OF THE ESSAY IS OK? CAN YOU TELL ME HOW IS THE REST?
linh202 11 / 23  
As tv has good and bad channels, hence it is very dangerous for children, I think the family has a huge influenceimpact( influence is ok, but you have already used this word in the introduction, so it is better to use a synonym)inon their choice. If the child belongs to a good and educated family, probably they will monitor his time in front of television, and the quality of programs as well. If the child belongs to an unorganized family or a family without moral values, is more likely that he will spend much time before screen ,and hence he will be negatively influenced .

If the whole family watches the news every night it is a good routine. Musical programs also areare also good because they relieve stress, and give a feeling of comfort .The parents are the role model for their children, and if they will avoid the channels with negative influence, the children will do the same.
In my opinion, television is a good tool, if we chooseto educate children . Children can acquire a great knowledge by watching TVtheeducational programs such as ``Animal planet``, ``Discovery``, or sport channels. Especially sport channels are very good and educational, and theyinspire children to admire sports and motivate children to practice a sportdo sportsor to reach their goal in life .
OP celu 8 / 20  
thank you

Home / Writing Feedback / Television for children. bad and good influences