IELTS Task 2 : Televisions are the most favorite media for comunicating

Fardhani Putri 23 / 46 7  
Compare the advantages and disadvantages of three of the following as media for communicating information. State which you consider to be the most effective.

Human behavior has been changed throughout the years. This could be influenced by advance technology which is well-known around the world. That technology provides people to get information by media. This essay will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of visual and audio-visual media. My argument is tending to audio-visual media which many people preferable to use it. Now, let's discuss this issue.

The first media is radio which many people can hear news everywhere they are, like at home, in the office or in the car. But, radio has a limitation in seeing the visual. The second is film, which is very interactive media and it becomes favorite of many people. In contrast, the number of film that people can watch is very limited because they do not have much time for watching movie. The last media that give a huge impact a lot in human's life is television. But, sometimes the children can watch some inappropriate shows for children under age without guided from their parents.

While I have argue about the most effective media is television because it has thousands of advertisements showed up every day. Television can persuade the audience to be very consumptive. On the other hand, television could be a great media to get relax after working all day long and sometimes people spend their time to watch with their family. From television we will get a lot of information from all over the world so the people just sit and watch it calmly. Then, it provides a lot of job opportunities for many people to work in television stations officer.

To sum up, most of people prefer to choose television as their media communicating information because they can get more benefits from the advertisement which appeared every day. As a result, television and people make a good relation which interrelated between both of them.
Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
Hi Fardhani,
I believe this question has three types of communication media and you have to support one among them as a most popular communication media.
In that case, you have to specify them separately in and support the same in you essay. or else if you are comparing all three . There is no good supporting statements for radio.

Regards,
Arun
OP Fardhani Putri 23 / 46 7  
Thank's Arun for your suggestion
First think about this essay, I just wanna make it simple and focus to the most effective media
but anyway thank you!
thakursajeeb 5 / 8  
Hi Fardhani,
I think you should give your opinion about the most effective means of media for communicating information in introductory paragraph.
OP Fardhani Putri 23 / 46 7  
Dear thakuursajeeb,
I give my view in here :

My argument is tending to audio-visual media which many people preferable to use it

I think for IELTS in writing task 2, we just give point of our view and not give opinion clearly, because it will be written in Body.

Let me know your thought.
thakursajeeb 5 / 8  
I learnt to follow this structure on for introductory paragraph.
Yes, this is what dumi often suggests for the introduction of this task and I think it is a very logical approach that helps you earn marks and manage your time effectively. Re-write your introduction following this structure.

My argument is tending to audio-visual media which many people preferable to use it. Now, let's discuss this issue.

It is always better that you clearly state your opinion in the last sentence of your introduction. The part I highlighted above really does not contribute much for your essay.
In your introduction you should have introduced the there types of media that yo are going to compare and contrast. Then have three body paras to discuss each media and its advantages and disadvantages. I think that would be a better way for you to tackle this topic. This topic is a little different form normal issue topics :)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2 : Televisions are the most favorite media for comunicating