Telling the truth is the first thing I would like develop in a good relationship

JessicaLiao 1 / 1  
Topic:
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship between people. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Honesty is the best policy

In my opinion, I do believe telling the truth is the first thing if I would like develop a good relationship. I want to share two stories about telling the true.

The first one is about love. Love needs to tell the truth. We could image a scenario, a man met a female who isn't his girlfriend just for business many times in the night. However, he would not tell the true to his girlfriend cause he doesn't want to be asked more. Then one day, his girlfriend finds it by her friend, even the man isn't cheat with her, maybe she can't trust him. The worst thing is that she would misunderstand with him every time when he goes home late even though he is working in the company. If a couple they can't trust each other, they would break up in the end. Therefore, I think trust is the basic fundamental in love relationship. Telling the true always could keep marriage for a long time.

The second one is about working, place. In business and career, telling the true creates the trust between client and companies, employee and employers, including colleagues. Take me for example, one year ago, my boss told me I had a promotion next year, it was a honor also a responsibility. I felt happy and work harder in order to convince that I was a qualified candidate. However, when the candidate list showed up, I found there was not include my name. I felt very upset, my boss treated me! Then, my boss told me the true is I can't reach the requirement of promotion, he also felt upset like me. It doesn't matter for me, because he lied to me at beginning. After that, every time he asked me to do more and said I would gain more rewards, I couldn't believe him. Finally, I left my company because my boss lost his credit.

Honesty is the best policy. Telling the true, which could help us maintain a good relationship and bring more harmonious and peace to the whole personal life.
Jessica, is this a direct response question for the IELTS test? If it is, then you need to make sure that you begin your line of reasoning within the last few sentences of the opening paragraph. You also need to make sure that you fully explain what the original prompt for the discussion is and how you are expected to discuss it.

I would not use vague references to love and the workplace for this essay. Those two are too theoretical in nature when you consider that the discussion would like to hear about relatable examples from you. Since love and the workplace discussions vary per person and experience, that is not really going to help with your discussion. When examples are called for, it is always best to use your personal reference or experience for the examples.

By the way, you can't say "tell the true" or "Telling the true" in the essay because the correct term is "Truth", it is a keyword from the original prompt and should be used frequently throughout your essay.

Additionally, always remember to use the concluding paragraph to properly summarize and wrap up the discussion. Use 3 sentences at least. One poorly developed run on sentence won't help your score.
OP JessicaLiao 1 / 1  
Thank you so much!!! This is my first exercise. I very appreciate that you help me improve my structure and modify my mistake.
I got three points as follows:
1. Make sure what I want to discuss at first
2. try more personal examples
3. conclude at least 3 sentences
Thanks again!

Home / Writing Feedback / Telling the truth is the first thing I would like develop in a good relationship