Telling the truth is mandatory in a sound relationship?

ECHOECHO 1 / 3  
Always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship between people.

Is telling the truth the most important consideration in any relationship? Do people need to tell the truth all the time in any relationship? Is it necessary for people not to tell the truth at some cases? Some people hold that it is required most to tell the truth to deal with any relationship. However, as far as I am concerned, telling the truth is most essential but not the most one, considering different cases.

On one hand, in daily life, it is necessary for people to tell the truth directly because people including parents, friends, and colleagues should be treated by honesty in order to keep the precious and intimate relationship. For example, when your close friends ask about their new clothes and they are not fit them very well, you should give them what are in your mind rather than the compliments, due to their trust in you. Or you could risk your reliable personality when they are told the opposite ideas to yours which is the truth. On the other hand, telling the truth is also significant to the marriage, which is mainly based on honesty. For instance, couples should talk with each other honestly to learn each other well to enhance the marriage, instead of concealing the true sides to cheat each other. Only basing on the honesty can marriages last long.

However, when comes to some cases, telling the truth could be not considered. What is needed is to lie. First, in order to ensure the safety of public or individual, the best choice is to not tell the truth. For instance, the potential terrorism should be destroyed by governments without revealing it to the public. Yet, there must be a panic among the whole society if the truth is informed. The arrestment of crimes is also required to be concealed for the purpose of trapping them successfully. Similarly, if the information are known to the public, crimes could feel freedom to threaten the safety of the society and polices could be not believed any more.

Also for the goals of keeping health and enthusiasm of people, not to tell the truth is required. Take doctor as an example. The doctor who treats the patients with serious illness, such as cancers should lie to them. By doing this, patients could be positive to their situation and end up with totally recovery. Besides, the older can be active and vigorous when others tell them they are not very old. Maybe they can achieve success that they do not have before. Also the young children are encouraged by lying to them that they are not very bad in the exams or good at the communicating, leading to them be positive to their failure in exams or shy in the public.

In sum, indeed, sometimes telling the truth should be taken into consideration when people contact with others in their daily life, like with their close friends, parents, and so on. However, in some situations, not to tell the truth is the better solution, like in the political fields, in the doctors' zone and so forth. Therefore, when deciding whether to tell the truth or not, people should think about the situations they are in.
ajit88rai 22 / 188 3  
hi,
u do have lots of mistakes in ur writing but dont lose heart. we all make mistakes. in ur writing i found that u were making too long sentences. the best way to avoid mistakes is to make small sentences.. i would say that learn translation first. that way u can convert any sentence of english in ur native language n then know if its making correct sense or not... when u do it repeatedly. u will start forming sentences easily later, without even translating them.

hope it helps.
" mind is like a parachute, it works best when its open"

gud luck.
OP ECHOECHO 1 / 3  
thx, i will try my best to do that and recite some good essay. u are right, i need the time to pracitce. I will follow ur advioce. i appreciate it.

But now in order to pass the coming exams, i have to write more and i hope all can give me some more advoice.
thx
fglop - / 4  
I feel as if you have good ideas, but you need to elaborate on your points and make the essay more thorough.
OP ECHOECHO 1 / 3  
thx...i appreciat it ....can u put it in details? where? i really don't know how to elaborate..thx...
Hi Echoecho!
Welcome...

Okay, here is my first lesson for you:

Rule #1: The last sentence of the first paragraph is ALWAYS the most important sentence of the essay.
Rule #2: Sometimes, rule #1 is not true, but you should still try to notice how important the last sentence of the first paragraph is.

The last sentence of he first paragraph is where you should try to express the "message of the essay" in a single sentence.

However, as far as I am concerned, telling the truth is most essential but not the most one, considering different cases.
Because the sentence at the end of the first paragraph is so important, you should make it VERY clear and meaningful. Try to express your most profound idea in this sentence.

However, when comes to some cases, telling the truth could be not considered. What is needed is to lie. First, in order to ensure the safety of public or individual, the best choice is to not tell the truth. ----Good point!!

You could write another paragraph about a different aspect of the question. For example, write a paragraph about OTHER CONSIDERATIONS THAT ARE MORE IMPORTANT in relationships between people.
OP ECHOECHO 1 / 3  
hey, EF_Kevin, thx ...i will follow ur advice and try to write more essay ...i will work hard, and i really appreciate ur help...thx

Home / Writing Feedback / Telling the truth is mandatory in a sound relationship?