Ielts test: compare three of these communicating tools and choose the best effective

Mai Chu 14 / 17 1  
Nowadays, information can be gained from various sources: from books, television and films. Each of these sources offers its own pros and cons. In my opinion, I choose films as the most effective tool to gain knowledge.

In term of advantages, books, films and television can give us the same information in different ways. For example, in historical knowledge, there are so many documentaries film, which can provide information in through film and this knowledge can easily be remembered in head through visual tool. Moreover, if you want to get more detail about the world wide news, television is the best choice because it provide News program with some discussion about your related issues. Additionally, books are suitable to carry around, means that you can learn anytime you feel like. In short, we can not deny the efficiency of these media sources.

In the other hand, they have some disadvantages. Books are really space-taking. Can you have enough space to spare thousand of books in your house? Of course, you can not. Next, we move to television and its cost to have one, it may cost you hundred dollars to own your TV. One more problem is that you do not have enough time to watch every News, every program on TV. In conclusion, considering carefully, these tools also have negatively problem.

Finally, I choose films as my best choice to take in information. Firstly, there are so many categories of film, from documentaries to musical and even romance. I really find myself excited when I am both watching film and learning at the same time. What is more, film can easily be carried because they are quite light and I can watch them again and again as how many times I want.

Summary, books, films and television are really helpful in approaching the knowledge regarding to their advantages and disadvantages. I strongly recommend film as the best way to communicating knowledge.

Thanks for reading and correcting
Malaysian - / 2  
that was a good essay. but i am not sure what do you mean when film can be easily carried because they are quite light? are you saying because you can buy the dvds or the cds of the film? maybe mentioning that might help your essay a little. so, that is just my two cents. good luck in your essay :D
OP Mai Chu 14 / 17 1  
Yeah, my point is you can buy film on DVDs. Haha, ok I will make it clearer next time, Thanks for reading.
Denice 2 / 14  

In terms of advantages, books, films and television can give us the same information in different ways. For exampleinstance , in historical knowledge, there are so many documentaryies films , which can provide information in through film and this knowledge can be easily remembered in head because of the rough visual tool.

television is the best choice because it provides News programs

well, instead of making a lot of corrections, I think it is best for me to tell you that you should pay more attention on the subject-verb agreement. There are a lot of these kind of mistakes in your essay but don't be offended, I just want to give some advice.

I hope that could help. God bless.
OP Mai Chu 14 / 17 1  
Thank you. But I have a question on the word For instance and for example, what are the differences?
Denice 2 / 14  

For example and for instance are completely interchangeable, so it is just a matter of personal preference as to which you decide to use. Well, for me, it is more formal to use for instance instead of for example but it is still up to you if you will follow my suggestion. Thanks.
basawang 10 / 76  
Dear Mai Chu,

Your reasoning is unfounded. In the forth paragraph, you mentioned two advantages of films. The first one is the film topics are diverse. The second one is it is convenient to carry films. However, books also possess these two advantages. There are miscellaneous book categories, perhaps the number is much more than the one of film categories. Moreover, books are also easy to be carried, as you mentioned in the second paragraph.

So, can you develop another point to buttress your ideas?

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts test: compare three of these communicating tools and choose the best effective