Test 6 TOEFL.Would you prefer taking a career path leading to management or individual positions?

gabrieloandco 10 / 11 11  
I believe that every career path should lead to management positions at some point. In these positions the manager requires leadership, time management and social skills that we all should develop in some moment of our life. Even if you want to be an employee or a professor it is likely that you will have to be responsible over others.

For instance, in most enterprises groups are made in its different divisions when working in a specific project. Naturally, all groups have a leader and the most functional ones will have different leaders throughout time. If you happen to work in an enterprise and are required to be the leader for a specific period of time, then it is essentially important that you have chosen a career path that allows you to manage a project.

In my case, I want to be both a professor and the owner of a small enterprise. Pursuing a path that will give me management skills will help me be the best at these two professions. A professor requires having these skills, since he must watch over his students and sometimes negotiate with them. This would be the same for the owner of a company, but instead of students he would have to deal with employees and clients. Therefore, I consider learning how to manage human, capital and time resources to be essential for fulfilling my life's objectives.

Finally, I would encourage anyone to seek management positions instead of individual positions. In the end, we will all have to be leaders to happily live our life. Not only in our jobs, but also in our daily lives we will need these social skills. For instance, if you want to be a family man then you'll have to be an example for your children and a leader in your own house. Thus, it is more important to be able to drive people to do something than to obey an individual. After all, we as a species have always been required to work rather in groups than in solitude.
monajha 5 / 8  
Hi Gabrieloandco,

if you want to be a family man...........seems very awkward. Rest everything is very convincing.
Munkhjin 2 / 3 3  
Even if you want to be an employee or a professor, it is likely that you will ...

A professor requires having these skills, sincebecause he must watch over his ...

... the owner of a company, but instead of students he ...

For instance /because this word is repeated before/ example , if you want (...) have to be an examplefather /better choice I think/ for your children ...

Your essay was good. There are some punctuation error. Good luck :)
Cindyliu 2 / 2  
-In these positions ....some moment of our life.
Leadership, time management and social skills are the traits which should be required for a manager. While these personal characteristics need to be cultivated in our daily life.

-it may is likely that you will have to be responsible over others.
-in most enterprises groups are divided intomade in its different divisions when ...
-If you have a chancehappen to work....
-Pursuing a path that will give me management skills will ...
Pursuing a path that can improve my management skills and prompt me be the best at these two professions.

These are my suggestions and it is a good essay.

Best regards.

Home / Writing Feedback / Test 6 TOEFL.Would you prefer taking a career path leading to management or individual positions?