Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Even though some organisations oblige their workers to dress smartly the efficiency is more crucial

putri22 33 / 33 5  
Some organisations believe that their employees should dress smartly. Others value quality of work above appearance.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Some corporations require their staff to dress smartly while other organisations consider quality of work is more valuable than appearance. In my opinion, both statements are able to be applied in different workplace. It depends on the types of the occupation itself.

With regard to the employees who are obliged to dress smartly, the organisations ask them to do that because their job is related with many people such as accountants, bankers, architects and lawyers. For instance, an accountant has to dress well when he or she wants to meet their clients in order to get their trust. By dressing smartly, it is expected that the clients will make a deal for the project. In all, appearance plays a significant role in such profession since it will be the first impression and considered as a professional.

Different with white-collar workers, appearance is not as important as quality of work in blue-collar profession. Work performance is more necessary than physical look in several occupations such as mechanics and labours. Taking a shoes factory as an example, the employer will not pay attention to their labours' cloths since it does not affect the products but he will notice how the quality of shoes that have been made by them.

To sum up, even though some organisations oblige their workers to dress smartly while others believe work performance is more important than physical look, I argue that both opinions are acceptable in different occupations. The regulation applied depends on the profession of the employee.

Home / Writing Feedback / Even though some organisations oblige their workers to dress smartly the efficiency is more crucial