Personal thoughts about meaning of living

fekfek 1 / -  
It's not an academic writing, it's more likely to be a text contains personal thoughts. If you can share your thoughs or give me feedback, I'll be appreciated.

Well, I have been thinking of how life it is occasionally for nearly two years. In unrevelant different times, while I was talking to my friend, brushing my theeth, or lying bed in the middle of the night wishing for doing something else. Different questions that are contains one spesific thing at the bottom line comes in to my mind. I'm not going to mention questions like why we came to world, what is our purpose. Because by using our brains we can't answer those questions properly. What I'm going to write is what are we going to do ? I am changing the subject from now on and will continue with I. Now I'm roughly 20. What's the rest? Maybe 60 years. But I don't think so because of my unhealty eating habits and life style so I'll say 40 years. Okay, how 20 years have been passed ? I mean what I have done? I've done a little bit more than casual things, things that are required to accomplish and achieve to get a good life. Thank God, I have been able to do some good things. But here I am and thinking of meaningful things to do/achieve/work for.

As far as I can see, there are two ways. First one, you do what is required. Working and studying hard, developing yourself for job, social life, and belief. Basicly doing things to get more social and financial satisfying. But, If you can't get in the list of bests, no matter what or how you did, what your best is being a successful regular person. Okay, it's sounds good. You have a nice wife and kids, friends, you're getting enough money to maintain good life, you can do/get more than many people outside. Briefly, you came to world, did somethings for somethings, than died. That's all. Being a regular part of regular and boring life system. If you think detailed and with a aspect of high perspective, you feel that you're just another unvaluable piece of life routine.

You came to world, you struggled for some things always with passions, desires, some stresses. But If you think it high perspectively neither world give a shit about you nor others doesn't really care about you or what you're living. You're only living for yourself. Because Your life is your life. It's meaningful for you and can not be meaningful for others in real meaning. Because you're the one who have your perspective, not anyone else.

You're just living for yourself and what you're working for is only you, but, considering your placement in the world's routine, you're just a thing. A thing that doesn't really mean to anyone except you. People like a chicken in the burger king meat factory that is eating for living and doesn't have a clue about what's going on. But, is it necessary to have an awareness of going ons ?

Anyway, let me ask a question, what's the point of around ? I mean, what are we doing ?
Is point necessary? Couldn't life is a thing without purpose ? Or are we too self-cared and therefore need a point to live- we can't be random because we're important so we need a purpose- is that it ?

Probably those questions can not be answered.
Second way is could be this one: working for living and the sametime, being part of a something bigger than you and more meaningful. You can do that to wipe off some pointlessness. Probably it's a way of how religions affect people in terms of belief that offering an endless purpose and goal to believers. For instance, I'm going to make more and more money and spend it for people and organisations that I like. Think about it, I'm working for 17 hours a day with 5 hours sleeping. Trying to work more, think more, achieve more, more and more.. for what ? ofcourse a purpose that can not be considered in the world standarts, because nothing worth it. If your main goal is more money, you can steal it in a legal way, no need to working like that.. The goal must be big to work for it. Otherwise what's the point of working and relatively living?

Some mixed thoughts of mine with my not enough good English, sorry.
kungpo91 1 / 3  
Well I have been thinking about how life it occasionally is for nearly two years, duringirrevelant different times; while I was talking to my friends, brushing my th eeth, orand when lying in bed in the middle of the night wishing for doing something else. Different questions that are contained in one spec ific thing at the bottom linethat comes into my mind. I'm not going to mention questions like why we came into this world or what is our purposein life isb ecause it is not something that could be based on ideological beliefs. What I'm going to write about is what are we going to do? I am now changing the subject and will continue with Ia biography of my life. Currently,I am roughly 20. So what is my assumed life expectancy? 60 perhaps?. It might not be so due to my unhealty eating habits and lifestyleso I'll say 40 years . So what have I been doing for the past 20 years? I've done a little bit more than casual things, things that are required to accomplish and achieve to get a good life. Thank God, I have been able to do some good things. But here I am and thinking of meaningful things to do/achieve/work for.

As far as I can see, there are two ways. First one, you do what is required. Working and studying hard, developing yourself for job, social life, and belief. Basically doing things to get more social and financial needs. But, If you can't get in the list of bests, no matter what or how you did, what your best is being a successful regular person. Okay, it's sounds good. You have a nice wife and kids, friends, you're getting enough money to maintain good life, you can do/get more than many people outside. Briefly, you came in to this world, achieved some life long goals , the n died . That's all. Being a regular part of a regular and boring life system. If you think detailed and with a aspect of high perspective, you feel that you're just another unvaluable piece of life routine.

You're just living for yourself and what you're working for is only you, but, considering your placement in the world's routine, you're just a thing, a thing that doesn't really mean to anyone except you. People like a chicken in the burger king meat factory that is eating for living and doesn't have a clue about what's going on. But, is it necessary to have an awareness of going ons ?

Personally, I think its an opinion of perspective. I'm not trying to advertise or force my beliefs on anyone but as a follower of buddhism, I was taught that life is full of sufferings and until you are fully enlightened you won't be free of that disillusionment. To be enlightened is to follow the 8 folds path and do good deed is one of the path. But I see your point =)

Home / Writing Feedback / Personal thoughts about meaning of living