Essay on three businesses if Mr. Gates awarded me with $300,000

Syed 1 / -  
My assignment:
Bill Gates just awarded you a $300,000 grant to start up three businesses of your choosing. One of the businesses must be online. The others can be located in your neighborhood or downtown Chicago. In order to secure the money, you must right a proposal in which you thank Mr. Gates for the money, describe the three businesses, and assure him that these investments will be profitable.

Reader: Please proof read and give me feed back. Thanks

X-Hale and Roti
I would like to thank Mr. Gates for giving me this opportunity to help me realize my dream. With 300,000 I have come up with three influential and revolutionary business ideas that ensure success and these are sure to do well in the market. First one is a going to be a hookah lounge called the "X-Hale" and from there I will also operate my online business called "X-Hale.com which would essentially market the same products as those provided in the hookah lounge. My third business is going to be a restaurant called "Roti". In these economic hard times I believe my business will be affordable and will appeal to the common consumer.

The first business I am going to invest in is "X-Hale" hookah lounge located in Des Plaines, IL near Oakton Community College. The proximity of the hookah lounge is going to bring in more students who are going to be my primary faction of customers. The products I am going to provide are hookahs, different flavored tobacco like Traditional, Kiwi-Strawberry, Lemon, Mango, Margarita, Mocha Latte, Orange, Papaya Mango, Peach and etc. Also, along with these products I will provide customers with Hookah accessories that include Hookah Vase, Hookah Bowls, Hookah Hoses, and Hookah cleaning supplies. Also I plan on serving homemade Asian desserts, Middle Eastern drinks and snacks. Even though other Hookah lounges carry the same products, my business is going to be different the fact that it will be more service oriented. It will also be comparatively less profit oriented which will have the appeal to customers, mainly Oakton students, who are sure to come back for more. I will also introduce a commission based incentive along with the basic salary, which will increase the positive competition amongst the employees which in turn will affect sales and customer satisfaction. I plan to invest a total $150,000 in this enterprise. It will include $125,000 for the location, exterior, and the interior design. Another $25,000 will go towards the inventory and the remaining $5000 will invested in homemade products-a special attraction of my lounge.

The second business will be an on-line one which will be operated from X-Hale's location. It will offer the same products as those available in the hookah lounge but with slightly higher prices and these will come with an incentive. 1 out of every 20 customers will receive a coupon to get 10 percent off on their visit to X-Hale. Of the $50,000 I have allocated for this business, $25,000 will be spent to set up a computer domain and additional system which will be operational 24hrs a day. A sum of $15,000 will be spent on X-Hales website and advertising, In this I plan to focus on advertising in Facebook, Myspace, the local newspapers, and in local colleges. Furthermore I will have employees visit local colleges to set up booths and advertise X-hale and online business. Another 10,000 will be spent to bring in package materials and also for elaborate decorations. It's going to be successful on the fact that it will also be an attachment of the X-hale and it will receive much of its advertising in the hookah lounge itself. This is will indirectly promote the online business as well as the retail location. Thus both the online as well as the X-hale would actually be complimentary to each other.

The third business that I want to do is an exquisite high end Middle Eastern/ Pakistani and Indian restaurant. It will offer a wide variety of Middle Eastern cuisine. Its location is going to be in the heart of downtown Chicago. The menu will contain about 25 different varieties of dishes including kebabs', hummus, biriyani and other traditional cuisines. The customer group targeted at is mainly people of Asian origin. As Chicago boasts huge population diversity in this matter it will surely help the business. The spicy food of the East already has earned a good amount of praise among other cultures. Furthermore it will present a different experience from the traditional fast foods and hence it is likely to attract more people from the busy outskirts of the city. It will essentially contain people trained to prepare exquisite Asian delicacies. A wholesome amount of 90,000 dollars is going to be spent on the interior and exterior of the store which will include the necessary machinery. The other 10,000 dollars will be used to build private rooms that have specially enhanced features. Further detailed construction is going to be done to prevent the encroachment of sound and extreme care is going to be given to see that the restaurant provides both atmospheres-the calm and peaceful one or the noisy and joyous one- whichever is required under one roof and at the same time.

Once again I thank Mr. Gates for this award. I hope to have these businesses running in 6 months. I assure everyone that we will provide quality services and theses businesses will always remain customer-oriented. Our priority is to make X-hale and Roti into a common household name and I sure hope that each one of you will help us with our mission.
youngeebs 4 / 12  
First one is a going to be a hookah lounge called the "X-Hale, " and from there I will also operate my online business called "X-Hale.com which would essentially market the same products as those provided in the hookah lounge. (you might want to revise this to make the sentence a little shorter, but there's nothing grammatically wrong with it)

The first business I am going to invest in is "X-Hale" hookah lounge located in Des Plaines, IL near Oakton Community College. The proximity of the hookah lounge is going to bring in more students who are going to be my primary faction of customers. The products I am going to provide are hookahs, different flavored tobacco like Traditional, Kiwi-Strawberry, Lemon, Mango, Margarita, Mocha Latte, Orange, Papaya Mango, Peach and, etc. Also, along with these products I will provide customers with Hookah accessories that include Hookah Vase, Hookah Bowls, Hookah Hoses, and Hookah cleaning supplies. Also I plan on serving homemade Asian desserts, Middle Eastern drinks and snacks. Even though other Hookah lounges carry the same products, my business is going to be different the fact that it will (revise) be more service oriented.

The third business that I want to do is an exquisite high end Middle Eastern/ Pakistani and Indian restaurant. It will offer a wide variety of Middle Eastern cuisine. Its location is going to be in the heart of downtown Chicago. The menu will contain about 25 different varieties of dishes including kebabs , hummus, biriyani and other traditional cuisines. The customer group targeted at is mainly people of Asian origin. As Chicago boasts huge population diversity, in this matter, it will surely help the business.

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay on three businesses if Mr. Gates awarded me with $300,000