TOEFL; There are three main reasons why people attend college or university

Dionisio 1 / 1  
College and Universities are the highest educational institutions over the world. People usually may enroll in these institutions because of several reasons. For example, they want to increase their knowledge, to get new experiences, or career preparation, among other reasons. In my point of view, people attend to them because of three reasons.

First, people want to get career preparation. I think that this is a strong reason because people go to the university. Nowadays, public and private companies, in general, are demanding for highly prepared workers. This means, worker with high skills in very specific disciplines. For instance, today practically all industries have their own computational department where they administrate all data base of the company, the software that employs use, and the internal network, among other things. Thus, if a person want to apply for a job in that kind of department, as first requirement, he or she should has very high computational skills. And, of course, the place for excellency to get that kind of skills is the university, where the preparation is intensive and cover most part of a company requirements.

Second, people also attend to college or university for getting more knowledge. In general, students do not want to get only specific knowledge, or improve specific skills. On the contrary, they want learn about a variety of disciplines. Thus, for example, when a I was studying my Bachelor in Physics, the preparation was focused mainly in the study of math, physics, and of course, the phenomenons that happens in the universe. But, my classmates and I did not study only these subjects, we also have other interests. I also liked to attend to courses in the faculty of Philosophy and Sociology. I had classmates that attend to art or history curses. I think that in the university a person can learn, not just about specific subjects but get a wide instruction, and people take advantage of that.

Third, other reason why people select the university or college as a destiny is because they want to get new experiences. For a person that go for first time to the university, this experience can very impressive. In the university there are different kind student, from different countries, social situation, or cultures, etc. That means that in the university a student has the possibility of share with diversity of people, and get valuable experiences. For instance, when I was undergraduate student, I meet exchange students from Mexico, Germany, and Italy. They have different point of views, believes, and customs. In our meeting, we talked about politics, religion, relationships, etc. I consider to meet them as a big experience, where I opened my mind to other visions of the world.

In summary, Colleges and University in several ways can be very attractive for people for enrolling int them. In think that the most important reason because people attend to these institutions are for getting career preparation, increase their knowledge, and to live new experiences.
For example, they want to increase their knowledge, to get new experiences, or career preparation, among other reasons.

For example, they want to increase their knowledge, gain new experiences, prepare themselves for future careers.
How about networking opportunities? That is also a mostly sought factor in college life and it contributes a lot for one's success in future.

I think that this is a strong reason becausewhy people decidego to attend the university.

....yes indeed.

This means, worker with high skills in very specific disciplines.

They look for qualified and experienced employees who are equipped with necessary skills in the field.
People usually may enroll in these institutions because of several reasons.

People usually have themselves enrolled with these institutions for several reasons.

First, people want to get career preparation.

.... better you link it with the college;
First, people attend college in hope of preparing themselves for future careers.

Second, people also attend to college or university for getting more knowledge.

....."acquiring knowledge"

In general, students do not want to get only specific knowledge, or improve specific skills.

... why do you insert this line in between.... for me, it does not make much sense :(

Third, other reason why people select the university or college as a destiny is because they want to get new experiences.

you gain experiences... so replace the word get with "gain"

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL; There are three main reasons why people attend college or university