Too much time is spent on learning facts and not enough on practical skills

rinirini 2 / 5  
Some people say that in all levels of education, from primary schools to universities, too much time is spent on learning facts and not enough on practical skills.

Do you agree or disagree?

the point is an useful knowledge

There is no doubt that pedagogy has evolved constantly weeding out and incorporating a multitude of aspects.Whilst some advocate that these changes are beneficial taking into account the factual information grasped by the pupils, others argue that these are incapable to supplement the essential skills required. Personally, I am inclined to the view that schools - from primary to tertiary - must not take the required skills for granted as it could be detrimental to their career growth.

The main reason for studying practical skill is to increase the employability of a job aspirant. Clearly, researchers of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) say that only 15% of the total engineers in India are capable of an engineering career.This explains why there are numerous potential engineers unemployed particularly in India. What is more, spoon feeding - giving all information rather than encouraging to find them - spoils the student as they incapable search for required information or improvise their method on their own. Obviously, This could prove fatal in case of physicians where mere textbook facts are not enough to deal with the complications they face with the patients such as a bizarre surgery outcome.

Secondly, in spite of mugging up a lot of information, pupils are unable to apply them. This is particularly disadvantageous for a technically sound person who cannot express his ideas due to a communication problem. Furthermore, lack of morale could even cause catastrophic results: aeroplane accident caused by the pilot in 2005 in France due to inappropriate coordination - pilot could not effectively communicate with ground staff when the fuel was low which claimed 312 lives.

In conclusion, I would like to reiterate that grasping chunks of knowledge with no basis to apply them anywhere is useless. It is recommended that all young people should be trained well with technical and soft skills needed to thrive in their lives.
isahmk125 3 / 5 1  
Whenever you are writing an essay that requires you to take a position such as this(agree/disagree), you must to clearly state your position. you should agree or disagree or partially agree/disagree to the statement, in which case you must concisely gave reasons for taking that position. However, your essay have not really demonstrated that in anyway.

Secondly, you must revised, in it entirety, your second paragraph in order for it meaning to be understood. presently the paragraph is vague, with a lot of grammatical and typographical errors, and lacking logical connection that hampers it overall meaning.

Lastly, its based on the points/reasons you states in your essay, you will come to conclusion. conclusion mostly summarize your points and reemphasize your position you took.

therefore, I suggest you go through the essay allover again and make corrections.

I hope you find this helpful.
PeterBrown 16 / 25 6  
In conclusion, I would like ...

This conclusion is too short, it should be around 3 to 4 sentences.
I would like to also point out that there are several grammatical errors and typos. For example,

... spoils the student as they are incapable of searching for required information or improvising their ...

career. space?This explains

Obviously, This could ...

In general, your vocabulary and sentence structures are excellent
mimimichelle 1 / 2  
The second paragraph, supposedly to demonstrate that many engineers are not trained enough for professional jobs, did not provide enough evidence. There is no supporting proof of whether the 15% incapable engineers had taken training of 'practical skill' or not. It is possible that some of them had been trained but still performed badly.

Home / Writing Feedback / Too much time is spent on learning facts and not enough on practical skills