2002-2011 timeframe VHS and DVD's. The number of sales and rentals of films in a store.

angga93 42 / 74 20  
The bar chart gives information about the number of films which were rented and purchased from a store between 2002 and 2011. Overall, it can be seen that while DVD sales increased in popularity, the number of rentals showed a downward trend. Interestingly, blue ray films sales emerged in the middle of this 9-year period after VHS sales totally diminished.

In the beginning of the period, most people preferred to rent movies rather that bought them. More than 180,000 films were rented in 2002, while the sales of VHS and DVD stood at 85,000 and 45,000 respectively. The figures of rented films and VHS sales experienced downward trends and no more VHSs were sold in 2006. In the end of the period, only 80,000 films was rented. In contrary, DVD sales kept rising and reached a peak at 215,000 in 2007. However, this figure witnessed a steady drop which made its number just slightly below 180,000 in the end of the period.

Turning to the new movie format, after the popularity of VHS movies was gone in 2006, a year later blue ray films was available in the store and sold for 3,000 items approximately. Coincided with the steady rise of blue ray sales, the sales of DVD sales gradually decreased. For the following 4 years, blue ray become more popular since the first time it was sold. More than 50,000 units blue ray films was sold in 2011.
bastian20 10 / 16 2  
Hello Angga, you wrote this task well-integrated. I also personally think that the range of your vocabularies is wide. It is evident that you do not use repetitive words in one paragraph. Even though there are some grammatical errors, it is acceptable. Let me give you suggestion to variate your sentences by using past perfect.

The figures of rented films and VHS sales experienced downward trends and no more VHSs were sold in 2006

By 2006, the figures for rented films and VHS sales had witnessed downward trends and no more VHSs had been sold.

Home / Writing Feedback / 2002-2011 timeframe VHS and DVD's. The number of sales and rentals of films in a store.