Tiryns and Athens - Compare and contras essay: two cities

eshotcan 1 / -  
Tiryns and Athens

Tiryns and Athens are two cities i have lived. Each place has its advantages and disadvantages. These cities have some similarities. First, the climate is the same in both places which is warm and sunny. Second, the citizens in these cities share the same culture. No matter which, these two cities have similar social norms. For this reason, the newspaper and TV programs are always alike.Both cities have a bright clean sea with a busy harbor.

Even though they have similarities, there are some differences between them.In Athens,the streets are always full of people. This has become a big problem, making heavy traffic jams. Driving in Athens makes one nervous, but there is not a problem like this in Tiryns. Tiryns is less populated, so the streets are not crowded.In Athens many people pack into a small area.In Tiryns,people have more space to live.Because of a higher population in Athens, buildings are built in close proximity of each other. this view of buildings pressed togetherr affect the apperance of the city, negatively. However, in Tiryns, constructions are farther apart. The apartments or houses in Athens do not have their own yards;whereas,Tiryns's homes do. Finding a parking space is a big issue in Athens;in contrast, each house has its own garage in Tiryns.

However, Athens also has good points.There are lots of job opportunities in this city, but in Tiryns, unemployment is a problem. In Athens one always has a chance to meet new people when they go out because there are many entertainment centers and social places. However, in Tiryns, the chance of meeting new people is less frequent because the city has less social activities.

There are some of the bad and good aspects of both cities in which i have lived.However, i have not decided which place fits me well.
aneta_gab 3 / 5  
So, it was very interesting reading your note; you checked very well all aspects of two cities, and me who never been in A. or T. I already have an impression and it's a great. now you need just to find a form how to express ..
Tiryns and Athens are two cities in which I have lived. Each place has its advantages and disadvantages. (Add more sentences to this intro, and then give a thesis statement that expresses the theme of the essay. Can you think of a main theme?)

Start paragraph 2 when you talk about similarities:
These cities have some similarities. First, the climate...

There are some of the bad and good aspects of both cities in which i have lived.However, i have not decided which place fits me well.---You do not have to decide which fits you well, but you do need to decide about a main idea for this essay. Make one big observation about the relationship between the cities or their significance to you.

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Tiryns and Athens - Compare and contras essay: two cities