A toddler have the cognitive capacity to learn approximately 20 new words each month.

tphy 2 / 2  
All children should study a foreign language, starting in the earliest grade. To what extent do you agree or disagree to this statement?

In today's global society, people believe that children should learn new language from the very beginning year of school. I would argue that this has both positive and negative implications.

On the positive side, learn foreign language has enormously rewarding experience in many ways for the future. First, language helps people to solve problem. For example, the spreading of Ebola virus that infected many Africans and people who visit their country, invite many scientist from over the world to collaborate in term of find the solution. Indeed, when scientists doing the research brainstorming or discussing, they are communicate by using international language, English. Thus, it would minimize any misunderstanding during discussion. Furthermore, skill of foreign language opened the door of a better education that impact to a vastly life. A case of point, The Republic of China has a record that 176.7 million of citizens have learn English language in 2005. This movement hand in hand with government target in 2008 that 80% from police town under 40 years old, clerk in modern store, hotel staff, and other services staff should able to speak English which can help them to serve consumer and get more profit since in 2010 China will be a host for International Event, World Olympic.

On the other hand, learning foreign language from early age was not children desire but parents. Consequently, it will effect on children are not completely understand their mother tongue. According to Psychology Professor, Erika Haff an author of the book language development, learning multiple languages simultaneously limits the number of words that child able to learn in a set amount of time. A toddler have the cognitive capacity to learn approximately 20 new words each month. If they learn multiple languages it mean they will learn 10 new words for their native language and 10 new words for their foreign language, which put they behind in her native language. To illustrate, many international school students are likely to join with international event because they feel ashamed to talk with low-level capability of mother tongue. Hence, learning a new language in earliest year of school will distract student native language.

To conclude, learn a foreign language from earliest grade will help student in the future although, it is noticeable it also impact to the ability of native language. Therefore, government and parents should cooperate to solve this problem.
motoja 3 / 7 2  
On the positive side, learn learning foreign language
Liliy 12 / 13 6  
Hai tphy, you cannot use preposition "In " in front of your sentence of your paragraph.

In today's global society , people believe that children should learn new language from the very beginning year of school. I would argue that this has both positive and negative implications.

You can change your fronting sentence with " In the age of modern era or These days, Global societies race against time supporting their children learning foreign languages.

Hopefully it helps. Keep spirit to study.
AinunAlfatih 15 / 14 8  
it will effect on children are notcompletely understand their mother tongue.

from my perspective you can change the sentence become :

it will effect on children skill to completely understand their mother tongue.

Home / Writing Feedback / A toddler have the cognitive capacity to learn approximately 20 new words each month.