Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

toelf essay- Reading fiction (such as novels and short stories) is more enjoyable

sabrinayaa 12 / 22  
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Reading fiction (such as novels and short stories) is more enjoyable than watching movies. Use specific reasons and examples to explain your position..

Since the appearance of movies, people seems to spend more time in watching movies than reading traditional novels, even a majority of movies are adapted form novels. While some people today tend to favor reading novels instead of watching movies because they think it's more enjoyable. As far as I'm concerned, although reading novels has so much fun, I still more likely to choose watching movies.

First of all, movies enable to give us a sense of immerse, gripping our minds deeply, and permit us imagining to be one of leading roles. Thanks to the gorgeous effects, special photography skills, proper scene and superb performance ability of actors, people could have better understandings of the novel, with those advanced technologies, psychological activity of roles could also be clearly presented in the eyes of audiences. For example, some people like to read Harry Potter, especially children and youths, but they eventually would choose go to theaters to watch film version, allowing them screaming and laughing. This effect is less found during reading a novel edition.

Moreover, watching movies make us understand long stories in a shorter time, time is really precious for people who live in a busy society, the appearance of movie allow people could understand a lot of novels in limited time. Students are more likely to have option to see the movie classics not the lengthy novels. Employees prefer to watch some shorts films by digital products when they travel to work on the subways or trains. By doing this, people could spend time enjoying other interesting things.

In the end, reading a novel sometimes means you have to do just yourself, on the contrary, watching a movie is a thing that you can share immediately you're your friends. Watching the same movie, people together would communicate with each others, discussing and enjoying happy moments. At the same time, people together might accept different ideas and thoughts would also will be improved.

Home / Writing Feedback / toelf essay- Reading fiction (such as novels and short stories) is more enjoyable