TOFEL: choose a quality that you think is most important when doing a team project

lawyers 1 / 2  

The most critical quality in teamwork

choose a quality that you think is most important when doing a team project
1.being cooperative
2.good at finishing
3.inventive

It is common for people to make a team to finish projects. There are some debates about which quality is most critical in teamwork . From my perspective , being cooperative is the indispensible quality in the team .

Being cooperative helps to work productively and smoothly . In a team , people tend to break difficult tasks into certain parts and everyone is assigned specific tasks that match their ability and personalities and is held accountable which can make sure no one fall through the cracks. This enables people to complete assignments on time and take advantage of it .In this case, cooperation allows people to work efficiency . Moreover, when someone meet roadblocks , team members could lend a helping hand as soon as possible. Everyone may have new insights in copying with problems . By collecting and selecting , people could find a most suitable and practical solution to figure out problems. By cooperation , people tend to make concerted efforts and achieve same goals .This will in turn to boost mutual growth .

It is really important to finish work in limited time .However, it can not be the crucial points. Working on time can not ensure the good quality of assignments . In order to complete assignments ,even if coworkers will meet problems, they just put it aside and use the most fast pace to finish . Without cooperation , people tend to feel helpless and lonely when they individually doing their works. Admittedly , creative people tend to come up with new ideas and help companies to push more and unique products on the market . But that personality can be a problem .Because these people like to stay alone and are not likely to communicate with others. Sometimes, they may blend to the rules and regulations . It is hard to ask them to obey leader's requirements . Therefore , creative people may bring some unawareness results to the company .

In sum , considering the requirements of teamwork , Being cooperative can be the most suitable traits to teamwork .
nhtan - / 3  
You should use 'give somebody a hand' instead of 'help'
You should not muddle the essay response by representing the other qualifications in your presentation. It takes away from your actual discussion topic, which is cooperation. You should be working only on strengthening the impression that a team project will benefit the most from focusing on cooperation. You did that for the most part in the essay. You have a tendency to discuss prompt specific topics, which tend to pull attention away from your actual point. Avoid doing that. You need to convince the examiner that your reasoning is correct. You cannot do that when you insert other topics within the discussion.

Some corrections:

Spelling:
indispensible - indispensable
coworkers - co-workers

Grammar Rules:
Never start a sentence with "because". You should not have a full stop before that word as it is used as a bridging word between two sentence ideas.

Can not is spelled as one word "cannot".
Do not capitalize a word after a comma. Capitalize a word only after a period or if referring to a proper noun within a sentence.

Do not use informal phrases such as "come up with". The academic equivalent is "produce".

Word Reference:
Most fast = fastest

You have written enough words to aim for a higher scoring TOEFL result. I do not normally score essays on the first run but I believe your work is good enough to warrant a scoring assessment. My assessment of your work is that you have written an essay response that could earn a score of 4. You need to work on your vocabulary. copying means to create an imitation or reproduction. While coping (the word you wanted to use) indicates an ability to handle a situation (as in the case of teamwork). Sentence creation exercises are also in order for you. While your presentation makes sense, the structure could be better so that you can avoid any errors in structure, word form or use of idiomatic language.
OP lawyers 1 / 2  
Thank you very much for your comments. I appreciate your suggestions.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOFEL: choose a quality that you think is most important when doing a team project