TOFEL: To finish a project single at one time or do several projects at same time?

SunnyLai 3 / 3 1  
Do you agree or disagree with the statement: It is better to finish a project completely and then do another project than do two or more projects at the same time.

methods of completing a project

There exists a range of myths toward completing a single project. One of such myths is that we tackle the projects one at a time would produce better results than working on multiple projects at the same time. The reasons are strong and many.

It is difficult for people to juggle multiple projects at the same time because they do not have abilities to integrate complicated processes. This, however, is not necessarily true. Given the state-of-the-art technology, it is practical to undergo multiple projects at same time. This is persuasively illustrated in manufacturing. Assisted by an advanced computer, powerful programs, and systems, workers are able to simultaneously produce the products. While a person is drawing the draft, the machine can make a sample immediately and the person also can have a discussion with team members at the same time through online media to revise the mistakes.

It is also feared, on the other hand, it will not make a better result than working on a single task at on time. The fact, nonetheless, may be otherwise. When it comes to data analysis, experts are able to use advanced programs and systems flexibly to help different enterprise. Although it seems that each project from each company does not belong to the same field, data analysts just use the core theory and then can apply to all projects. Furthermore, the information may also shed light on another project to inspire more ideas.

Some people may still argue, lastly, that people who tackle several tasks simultaneously will waste lots of time because of distraction. But this argument still appears arbitrary. Each human being has enough abilities to well arrange their plans. People usually excuse that they can do well when they have multiple tasks on their hands. If they have self-discipline, although they need to solve different problems, it will be more efficient to do the things when they lay out the schedules well. When a person has meeting with the customers on the opposite side of the Earth in the morning, he can also check the stock market in his region at the same time.

Given the possible benefits derived from doing more than one project at the same time- exploiting modernized technology to complete purposes possibly, inspiring more interchangeably achievements, and fulfilling the purposes efficiently - it is only logical to say that pursuing multiple tasks simultaneously is a wiser practice for modern people.
Ching, your representation of the prompt paraphrase is inaccurate and your paragraphs go beyond the maximum allowable of 5 sentence per paragraph. While your total essay is well within the 5 paragraph prompt requirement. It is important that you pay attention to these 2 errors in your writing because these comprise the reasons as to why you may not get a very good score in an actual test.

To begin with the paraphrasing, your presentation must not stray from the content and presentation of the original prompt. That means, you must write about your understanding of the prompt topic, as well as the discussion instruction within parameters similar to the original. Thus;

There are two schools of thought that exist when it comes to the completion of a project. Some people, manage to finish two projects simultaneously. While others, can only accomplish one project at a time. That is why there is a more common belief that it is better to work on completing one project before working on a new one. I find myself to be in agreement with the latter statement for a number of reasons which I will be discussing below.

The objective of the opening statement is for you to be able to immediately show off your English comprehension skills in relation to your LR, GRA, and C&C scoring considerations. If you can present a series of complex sentences and advanced vocabulary in the TA section of the test, you will have half the battle for a passing score completed. That is why I chose to present the given original prompt in this manner. By dividing your understanding of the prompt into topic sentences, you will manage to accomplish all 3 tasks in one movement.

I already mentioned that your paragraphs run too long. There is a 5 sentence maximum requirement for each paragraph so you need to be able to explain yourself using limited, but impressive English words. That is where your GRA and LR scoring considerations will be focused on. Keep it short but informative and you will increase your chances at a higher than average score in those sections.

Never present your concluding paragraph as one long run-on sentence as you did here. Each paragraph must be exactly that, composed of 3-5 individual sentences that help to close the essay. You are not, under any circumstance, allowed to present additional information in the concluding paragraph as you did here as that would constitute a continuing discussion rather than a closing statement. An effective concluding paragraph merely restates the prompt, summarizes the discussion points, and repeats your opinion in a new manner. That is all that the concluding paragraph requires as it is just an extra opportunity for you to highlight your English comprehension and GRA skills within the test.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOFEL: To finish a project single at one time or do several projects at same time?