TOFEL: Do you learn a new language by traveling to another country or in your own country?

yuier 1 / -  

The Location for study a foreign language

Do you learn a new language by traveling to another country or in your own country

In the highly competitive edge , people need to possess various skills to stay competitive edge in the fierce society . it is necessity for people to grasp new language to gain higher position and receive decent salary . Some people prefer to go on a trip to learn new language , others like to practice in their own country . From my perspective , learning new language in other countries by trip has a lot to offer .

First of all , it takes less time and effort to speak more fluent than learn in own countries . In a new and unknown area, they have to strike up a conversation with locals in order to get some useful information . For instance, people need to ask the way to the destination if they don't familiar with the routes and environments . They also need to talk with the waiter about what kinds of food they prefer . In this process, it gives people a chance to practice and imitate others' pronunciation ,grammar and vocabulary . They could constantly improve language skill in this situation and this vivid and deep memory they can't forget in the rest of life. Moreover , By visiting foreign countries, people can also broaden their horizonsl . it offers them amounts of new things . Like different culture heritage , festival , tradition and even food habit. These unique experience provide more insight in their life.

Furthermore , it helps people to enlarge their social circle . In the trip , they can meet people from all works of life . so it gives them a chance to draw on the expertise of others and expand their own knowledge . When they meet problems , these people could lend them a helping hand . so they can figure out effectively .

In sum , compared to learn in own country , It contain more benefits to learn new language in other countries .
I can sense the effort that you placed into developing your response to the given discussion point. However, your inability to properly form English sentences have prevented you from creating an understandable essay. The message you are trying to deliver is not properly supported. The first line of reasoning does not make sense. The examiner will not understand what you mean by; "In the highly competitive edge , people need to possess various skills to stay competitive edge in the fierce society . " What do you mean by competitive edge? Does this refer to the profession of a person? The life of a person? It shows that you are not capable of forming understandable English sentences.

Your ideas are not clearly represented in your writing so that means you have to work on developing your sentence formation / structuring skills. That is because you do not really know how to properly use English words. I believe that is because you are thinking in Vietnamese and then looking for possible translated words in English. When you do that, you end up making improper word choices which leads you to write improperly developed sentences.

To be clear, you cannot discuss working benefits for knowing language, and then discuss it in terms of learning languages while traveling. If that is the case, then the office worker should be learning the language from his own country because he cannot leave his job for years, which is the amount of time that it will take him to learn the language if he chooses to travel to a country. There is a clear disconnection in your discussion development.

This type of TOEFL writing cannot get you a score higher than 2. You need to improve your English vocabulary and do more sentence structuring exercises. Focus on the sentence development and the vocabulary should follow suit. If you can, enroll in English language classes first. Don't just jump into essay writing. You are capable of doing that yet. You need to have a teacher to help you improve for now.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOFEL: Do you learn a new language by traveling to another country or in your own country?