Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Tofle topic: a company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near you

hvthoteen 16 / 44 4  
Topic: a company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your community. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this on your community. Do you support or oppose the factory? Explain your position.

Essay:
Building a new factory is possible to change a community in various ways. It can create jobs to decrease the unemployment rate. As a result, it will boost the local economy and ease some social problems. Even so, the detrimental repercussions outweigh the benefits. Noise and pollution is likely to disturb the normal lives of local residents. That is why I oppose the plan to put a large factory near my community.

Above all, everybody would concede that jobs creation is important to a community. It is widely seen that that erecting a large factory leads to many vacant jobs, which is likely to reduce the number of unemployed people. This change is certain to ameliorate living condition of many people. Moreover, a fall in unemployment is sure to alleviate some social problems such as drug addiction and violence because when there are more people working, there are less people involved in such problems, By and large, the factory seems to bring the community some advantages.

However, adverse effects, including noise and pollution, are enormously serious. The fact is that a factory always comes along with much noise. That is annoying to the residents and especially harmful to the elderly people. My community is familiar with the peaceful atmosphere for a long time so it is difficult for them to adapt to the change. In addition, pollution is almost inevitable. Smog, dust, and other pollutants are able to destroy the present clean environment and to badly affect people's health. More seriously, negative influence on groundwater can cause many waterborne diseases. Indeed, the appearance of a new factory brings a variety of problems to my community.

In conclusion, it cannot be denied that the plan to build a factory near my community will improve the local economy and relieve some problems of the society. Nonetheless, its disadvantageous affections are possible to change my town into a noisy and polluted place. Therefore, I object to building the factory. There is a likelihood that no local resident would support this plan.

Home / Writing Feedback / Tofle topic: a company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near you