Why tommy douglas is the greatest Canadian?

sheryarali 1 / -  
AN OUTSTANDING CANADIAN

I believe that Tommy douglas was the most outstanding Canadian, many people may say terry fox ,yes although terry fox did contribute a lot to cancer research but tommy douglas was the person who made it cancer surgery free.

Thomas Clement aka "Tommy" Douglas the father of medical healthcare. He was Saskatchewan's most notable politician, and one of the Greatest Canadians in history. Douglas took large roles as being the leader of the CCF, and governed Saskatchewan positively as Premier he introduced the first government medical care scheme along the lines we would recognize as the basis of the Canadian health care system. Which is one of the world's most advanced healthcare system today. Although favoured Saskatchewan more but his work for Canada was also tremendous

When tommy was 10 years old, he was diagnosed with osteomyelitis in his right leg and due to this, his parents had to either pay a doctor money that they did not have or amputate his leg Luckily a surgeon offered to operate for free on Tommy if his class was aloud to see him perform it. This event helped Douglas realize his dream of "universally accessible medical care", on which he gave many speeches on, and the most famous would "I felt that no boy should have to depend either for his leg or his life upon the ability of his parents to raise enough money to bring a first-class surgeon to his bedside. And I think it was out of this experience, not at the moment consciously, but through the years, I came to believe that health services ought not to have a price tag on them, and that people should be able to get whatever health services they require irrespective of their individual capacity to pay"ลก

Douglas held many rousing and powerful and sometimes personal speeches to get his message across. This helped him get elected leader of the Co-operative Commonwealth Federation (CCF) in 1944. The party had won in a landslide victory with 49 of 52 seats with a 53% overall. Douglas also held speeches against sending jobless men to World War II, because he considered it unfair.

Thomas Clement (Tommy) Douglas was one of the most charismatic leaders in Canada never to elected Prime Minister. Through his amazing oratorical skills, attractive personality, strong leadership skills and his relentless pursuit of his radical ideas of free health care and many other ideas has helped Canada become a country admired by the entire world.

How did North American gain it's first first democratic socialist government?

As a result of Tommy Douglas' progressive social iniatives and his ability as a speaker and as a reknowned Parliamentarian... Canadians enjoy one of the best health care systems in the world.

MY QUESTION IS HOW CAN I MAKE THE THESIS FOR THIS ( MY THESIS IS THE FIRST PARAGRAPH, ITS VERY BAD I KNOW)
HELP, WHAT SHOULD MY THESIS BE AND WHAT LINES CAN A ADD OR REMOVE PLZZ HELPPP

In my view, Tommy Douglas was the most outstanding Canadian although many may vote for Terry Fox. Fox, without any doubt, did contribute a lot to cancer research, however, it was Tommy Douglas who made it cancer surgery free for the public.

Thomas Clement aka "Tommy" Douglas is the father of medical healthcare.

Thomas Clement aka "Tommy" Douglas is supposed to be the father of Canadian Healthcare.

Douglas tookplayed large roles as being the leader of the CCF

Douglas assumed large responsibilities as being the leader of the CCF

Home / Writing Feedback / Why tommy douglas is the greatest Canadian?