Topic - Animals not anymore as a food source, or a "product"

zombu11 1 / -  

the use of animals in these times

Task 2: In the modern world, it is no longer necessary to use animals as food or to use animal products for, for example, clothing and medicines. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In recent years, we have seen an increase in the number of people using animals for various industries from food to clothing to medicine. While I accept that killing animals for certain purposes such as fashion should be restricted, I lean towards the viewpoint that to avoid purely using animals in food or medicine is an impractical task.

On the one hand, the government should introduce a restriction on using animals, especially livestock, for clothing. It is compelling evidence that these days the rich trend to show off their opulence through luxurious clothes which are made from fur animals and have exorbitant prices. This will result in that numerous rare animals killed by renowned fashion companies to meet these demands. As a consequence of this tendency, there is a wide range of animals be on the brink of extinction. Thus, imposing more rigorous punishments of hunting animals for clothing purpose is necessary.

On the other hand, it is nearly impossible to halt using animals for food and medical research altogether. It is apparent that meat plays an indispensable role in various cuisines all over the world in virtue of its major source of vitamins and proteins, and this supplies sufficiently energy and nutrient for human activities. Similarly, animals also contribute to medical researches as they are used to test the reactions and effectiveness of new drugs. Only by testing firstly on animals can medical practitioners enhance the quality of medicines for the human. Korean doctors, as an example, was able to save a plethora of patients struggling with lung cancer by taking new safe drugs, which would have been impossible without testing the medicine in rats beforehand.

In conclusion, using animals in clothing might be not necessary for human, but it seems to me that to prohibit consuming meat or testing drugs on animals is more likely to be not feasible.
Zombu, this is an extent response essay. That means that you cannot just "lean towards" an opinion, you actually need to present a measured response with regards to the opinion that you are supporting. To what extent can be measured as "partially, fully, wholeheartedly, totally, completely" and other similar measured word descriptions. The keywords should be found in your response to show that you are accurately responding to the task. Without it, this is just another single opinion agree/disagree essay, which it isn't. That, is why this essay does not address the prompt properly. You ended up discussing the topic in a comparative manner that does not really illustrate a measured response as required. The essay will be seen as having changed the discussion topic and prompt requirements and will therefore not be given a passing score. Your discussion runs counter to the actual requirements of the discussion and cannot be given a passing TA score because of it. Once you get a low TA score, the cumulative scoring will result in a non passing score.

Home / Writing Feedback / Topic - Animals not anymore as a food source, or a "product"