Topic: "Is the impact of imported food beneficial or not?"

coronaeffect 1 / 3  
I will take toefl in a week, and Im kinda frustrated about writing. Please help me with this essay and point out my mistakes.

Thanks in advance.

Foods from all over the World

Nowadays, due to the improvements in transportation, every product can be imported by train, air or shipping. Food is one category amongst many others. Million tons of food are being carried everyday throughout the world. Even though we have a wide range of agricultural products in Turkey, 25% of nutrition need in Turkey is being met by imported foods. To be able to import so much food from all over the world is a great opportunity for the following reasons.

First of all, the nutrition is more healthy now. People used to eat what they have and those nutritions were not as good as the imported ones. Due to the fact that we can easily import foods from everywhere, we have a better selection of foods in our refrigerators. For example, exotic fruits that can not be produced in Turkey are now available. However, the manufacturers in Turkey have started to revise their products and take them to a better quality.

Moreover, people have the access to a wider range of food now. Due to the fact that carrying food is no longer an issue and it is getting cheaper day by day, people can enjoy the variety of foods from all over the world. For instance, we are drinking coffe from Cuba or eating italian pizzas.

On the other hand, imported food is not cheap. Even though the cost of the imported products are not that high, even cheaper than the native products, the taxes are really high on them, including imported foods. One can havea Turkish food at a lower price than the imported one.

To sum up with, even though it is expensive, people can eat whatever they want. The origin of the food is not important anymore. So people can eat better food and have access to a wider range of food which makes the imported food very beneficial for the society.
m00ny 2 / 20  
Nowadays, due to the improvements in transportation, every product can be imported by train, air or shipping.train, plane or ship.

Food is one category amongst many others. What are you trying to say here?

On the other hand, imported food is not cheap. Even though the cost of the imported products are not that high, even cheaper than the native products, the taxes are really high on them, including imported foods.You really need to be more simple mate =). You want to say that imported products are cheaper than non-imported, however with tax calculation, they are rather more expensive?

Your grammar is not bad at all, but you are really trying to express yourself in a hard, complex language. Use plain, simple sentences. Don't exaggerate where you don't need to.

Also, if you have noticed (when you did second reading), you supported your opinion with one single argument: wider range of food. Think about quality of imported goods? Can they match to country sources? What about the dependency on foreign countries? The bigger is import = the bigger is dependency?
OP coronaeffect 1 / 3  
Yeah i see what you mean :)

by the way, thanks for your comments
more healthy healthier now.

People used to eat what they have and those foods did not provide as much nutrition as the imported ones.

...revise their products and take them to a achieve better quality.

drinking coffe coffee from Cuba or eating italian Italian pizzas.

You are ready for the toefl. You have very few errors. Just take the test, and move on to focus on your chosen field. Congratulations!
g8231226702 2 / 6  
I think it would be better if you switched the second paragraph and the third one.

Because the main point of your second paragraph is about better nutrition, which is based on an easier access to worldwide

food that is your main point of the third paragraph.

If you switched these two paragraphs, your thread would be "better import --> better access to worldwide nutrition".

I hope my opinions help : )
OP coronaeffect 1 / 3  
Thanks guys, I will take exam on Sunday, so only a few days left.

I just need to save some time for the second reading on the exam :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Topic: "Is the impact of imported food beneficial or not?"