IELTS Topic: Impact of International Tourism

thread_a 1 / 1  
International tourism is now more common than ever before. Some feel that this is a positive trend, while others do not.
What are your opinions on this?
Give reasons for you answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experiences.

Over the last decades, international tourism has become even more prosperity than ever before. Although it contributes thousands of job opportunities and benefits related industries. The ramifications cannot be ignored. In the following essay I will target on this issue along with causes behind the successfulness of tourism industry.

Although interchange different cultural value flourish people's perspective for both visitors and host residents, yet, certain negative behavior might have comes along with hard currency. While the destination becomes a playground by the affluent one, problems such as prostitution as well as alcoholism and substance abuse may have also been imported. This particularly happened in developing or undeveloped countries such as Thailand, Indonesia. In addition, young people of the host countries might give up schools in order to improve family income which could lead them to be exploited as cheap labors. In the long term, these un-well educated people's career opportunities still restricted on low wage, low skill and menial services.

Another significant effect is environment degradation by the influx of tourists and excessively reclamation for exclusively to meet the demand of vast visitors. Immense areas of trees have been cut down in order to build villages. Vast amount of infrastructure development reduce the habitats of wildlife. Countless wastes and filth has been left by travelers which cause the pollution of river, ocean, mountain and any elsewhere.

In conclusion, in a commercialize today it seems anything against the profit will be left behind even it is harm for human kind future. However, earth is our only home, balances between environment and economic development should be sought to sustain all the lives on this planet.

Please have a guess about the score on this essay.
jamliu0229 9 / 24  
Over the last decades, international tourism has become even more prosperous than ever before. Although it contributes thousands of job opportunities and benefits related industries. The ramifications cannot be ignored. In the following essay I will target on this issue discuss the causes behind the success of travel industry.

Although it contributes thousands of job opportunities and benefits related industries,t he ramifications cannot be ignored. In the following essay I will target on this issue discuss the causes?? (discuss the consequence after travel industries developing ) behind the success of travel industry.
OP thread_a 1 / 1  
yeah, right, that's what I mean, thanks.
Asmita_ 3 / 6  
The essay has gracefully presented the social impacts of International Tourism which is true in most cases of developing countries.

Nice one.

Good luck.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Topic: Impact of International Tourism