IELTS Topic: Will letter writing replaced by technology completely?

xyx0905 16 / 49  
More and more people using the mobile phones and computer to instead of letters. People think letter will disappear completely? Agree or disagree? How important of letter writing you think are?

With the advent of personal phones and computer in recent decades, some people appear to believe that the traditional form of letter writing will vanish permanently. Personally speaking, this is not the case as the paper correspondences still play a valuable role in today's society.

Admittedly, modern technologies have brought a number of merits to people's daily life. For communication, they shorten the distance among people who living in different countries. Smart phones, for example, parents could make a video call more easily and quickly to reach their children who study overseas. For education, the Internet offers a vast deal of convenience for students who residing in those remote locations. Unlike the past, nowadays, they could complete study on computers with access to a wide range of facilities such as library database and discussion board.

However, traditional hand writing as a way of correspondence is still dominantly used in many occasions. Graduation ceremony, for example, it represents the formality of events to their guests. In contrast, sending the invitations by emails or even an electronic message are unable to deliver the respect and courtesy to the attendants. Secondly, communicating with the receivers through the letter writing also demonstrates the importance of the information. Unlike the phone message or e-mails, retaining the important notices from taxation office or immigration department in paper for future reference or review are relatively convenient and secure. In this case, e-version correspondences may pose a potential threat to the confidentiality of personal information.

In conclusion, it is convincing that advanced communication devices such as cell phones and emails have some merits. However, in regarding of formality and confidentiality, the letter writing is always a preferable and trustable means of contacting the recipients, and this communication method will continuously exist in the future.
With the advent"surge" or "rush" might fit better here... of personal phones and computer in recent decades,..
Personally speaking, this is not the case as the paper correspondences still play a valuable role in today's society for me/in my life.

In contrast, sending the invitations by emails or even an electronic message are unable to deliverdetracts from the respect and courtesy to the attendants. Secondly, communicating with the receivers through the letter writing also demonstrates the importance of the information.

However, in regarding ofwith regard to formality and confidentiality,...
I only highlighted areas which I felt needed revision.
Good Luck!!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Topic: Will letter writing replaced by technology completely?