Topic: Every rule has its exceptions; SAT essay

Purcell 3 / 1  
I would be glad if you can give some advice on its arguements and its grammar
Topic: Every rule has its exceptions

We are living in a world where there are various problems and many solutions for each of them; it is hard for the same solution to apply to all situations. No strict rule can come into practise without exeption. I totally agree with the idea " Every rule has its exceptions". We can easily find these exceptions in our daily lives and even in science.

One of examples that show how exception is inevitable can be observed in our works. Everyday, we have to work hard to abtain our goals. One student has to try hard for his SAT and schedules his time table strictly with many courses. He must improve his writing skill and learn many vocabulary for his coming test. His aim is to study hard everyday in a week and four weeks in a month. However, he can not do well without holidays. What would happened if he studied over night for a long time and did not relax for a whole week? Breaks are necessary for him to finish his work effectively. So in his case, weekends and some holidays are exceptions in his strict rule applied for his SAT.

We can also find that there are some, even many, exceptions in science. Let's take theory of relativity of Eistein as an example. Before he claimed this theory, people, including other scientists, believed that every object or phenomenum is applied by the rules of physics. And the theory of relativity seemed to shock other scientists when Einstein acclaimed that the velocity of light is constant in any environment, which is not true with objects moving at normal speed. Eistein's theory was proved by latter scientic experements. Without this theory, maybe the whole world today still believe scientic rules can be right in all situations.

The importance of exceptions of rule is enomours. And without it, we may consider all problem in the same way and solve it with the same solution. Rules have exceptions in order to be applied fairlier and more effectively.

Thanks for reading. Hope to receive your opinion.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

You've written a fine essay! I'll be glad to help with fixing a few minor details:

One of the examples that shows how exception is inevitable can be observed in our work.

Every day, we have to work hard to obtain our goals.

...strictly, with many...

He must improve his writing skills and learn many vocabulary words for his coming test.

His aim is to study hard every day in a week and four weeks in a month.

...if he studied overnight...

Let's take Einstein's theory of relativity as an example.

...object or phenomenon is subject to the rules of physics.

Eistein's theory was proved by later scientic experements.

...maybe the whole world today would still believe that scientic rules...

The importance of exceptions to rules is enormous.

Without it, we might consider all problems in the same way and solve them with the same solutions.

Rules have exceptions in order to be applied more fairly and effectively.

You've made good points in your essay, and your English is very good. Just fix these small errors, and you should do well.

Thanks, and good luck!

Sarah
EssayForum.com
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Oops, I missed one: :-)

...maybe the whole world today would still believe that scientific rules...
OP Purcell 3 / 1  
Thanks. Actually, I usually go to this forum, my previous user name is "paul", but I forgot the password :-), so I created this new user name (purcell)

Thank you very much for your time over the last 6 months.
Wish you good luck and have a good time.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Thank you, Paul/Purcell. :-) And you're welcome, as well. Take care!

Sarah

Home / Writing Feedback / Topic: Every rule has its exceptions; SAT essay