Topic 4: Self-study or learning with a teacher

essay0405 7 / 16  
Topic 4: Some people believe that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher. Others think that it is always better to have a teacher. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons to develop your essay.

Below is my essay. Please check it for me. Thanks in advance.

There are many arguments between studying alone and studying with a well-qualified teacher. However, I tend to learn using the second way.

For one thing, the teacher has a wide knowledge and knows what to teach, what you have to learn, she can also provide you some useful advice to learn better. While you are learning, you can ask some questions to find out anything you missed out so that you can understand the lessons more deeply. If you have a new idea, you can share it with your teacher and she will tell you how to make it come true. If you study alone, it is hard to do so.

Besides, your speed and rate of learning are higher when you learn with a teacher than learning alone. You do not have to find extra exercises or other books because you teacher has chosen it for you and support you to do and read them. For example, you have a difficult math problem, although you have figured out the solution, but your answer is wrong. You must spend a lot of time to identify your mistakes while the teacher can do that faster than you, even she can explain the reason why your answer is not correct. That not only saves time but also improves the efficiency of your study.

However, self-study also has advantages. You are more independent when you are self-studying, there is no waiting for exercises from the teacher, and you can control your own time to study whenever you think it is suitable. While you study, you can find your own method of study which is effective, so that you can have better result at the end of the semesters. In addition, we also know that the knowledge of the teacher is limited though she is a good teacher. Because of that, students should learn more from books, the Internet... by themselves. There are many things to learn.

Therefore, I think we should combine the two methods of learning. While you have a teacher supporting you, you also have to learn more from other sources.
linhexi 9 / 28  
I think the connection between ideas in different paragraphs should be strengthen. Not just "Besides" or "However".
thinhtvdhtm 41 / 97  
personally, i think that this is a discussion, thus u should show your own opinion for or against
OP essay0405 7 / 16  
I think my answer is I prefer the second way but I also want to support to another one because I want to express my willing to improve my study, not just learn in one way.
thinhtvdhtm 41 / 97  
i see, however, personally, i believe that yours will be better if you show that advantages from the second way outweigh the first.

Home / Writing Feedback / Topic 4: Self-study or learning with a teacher