IELTS topic: Skills of letter writing will soon disappear

y0_3mma 19 / 28 6  
More and more people use the mobile phone or computer to communicate, and no longer write letters to each other. Some people think the skills of letter writing will soon disappear completely. Do you agree or disagree? How importand do you think letter-writing is?

I know that my last essay was off-topic, hope this one is better. I followed this structure:
introduction
1st paragraph: respond to the 1st question: agree that letter writing will disappear
2nd paragraph: respond to he 2nd question: letter-writing is not important
conclusion

Undoubtedly, the evolution in technology is one of the greatest achievement of human mankind. Nowadays, one in three people owns a smartphone or a laptop and he uses it to effectively communicate with his friends, family or manager via emails. It is believed that the skills of letter writing will soon disappear, but have no negative impact on people's lives. 60

The main reason for prefering emails than letters is the time that is saved. Every minute, millions of emails containing information, requests or invitations are sent from one corner of the world to another and the response can be received in just a few seconds. As the surveys point out, the majority of Internet users believe that 'letters are the means of communication of the past' and that, because of that fact that no one sends letters anymore, they would soon be like typewriters - useless. 85

As specialists claim, there is no connection between the increasing level of illiteracy and letter-writing skills. It was believed that letters played a great role in the writing and spelling skills of one, but now there is plenty of evidence that proves exactly the opposite: emails come with an autospelling function that checks every mistake and corrects it. For example, Yahoo users can now have free-mistakes emails, look up words in the dictionary or count the number of characters just by pressing one button. 84

All things considered, it can be concluded that people prefer emails, since are more rapid and comfortable, to letters which are just a waste of paper and time. I firmly believe that letters will soon be forgotten because nowadays time is a crucial factor in people's lives. 47
It is believed that the skills of letter writing will soon disappear, but have no negative impact on people's lives

What is your opinion on this? .... This sounds as if it is a common belief and does not give a clue that you believe so.

The main reason for prefering emails than letters is the time that is saved.

The prompt is open to all technologically advanced methods that replace the need for hand written letters. So that may include text messages as well (sms). When you limit the scope to emails only, your answer seems to deviate slightly from the prompt. This may be a small mistake, but try and avoid that too.... Always, align your writing with the prompt as much as possible. : )
Mommmmo 5 / 15 2  
skills of letter writing

First of all, I'm not agree your opinion. The skill of letter writing is still being used, when wen write emails we are still using it, right? I'm ok with this new angel for discuss this, but just think you are not convenience me.

one in three people owns a smartphone or a laptop and he uses it to effectively communicate with his friends, family or manager via emails.

Personally, I thought everyone in modern time would do that. and it will better to change in to:
Everyone could use smart phone and laptops effectively communicate with friends, family...

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS topic: Skills of letter writing will soon disappear