Topic: When you have to solve a creative problem, do you rely more on craft or inspiration? Why?

greenw4y 2 / 1  
Topic: When you have to solve a creative problem, do you rely more on craft or inspiration? Why? (5-8 sentences)

When I have to solve a creative problem, I rely more on inspiration. From my point of view, an ordinary problem can be solved by craft, which we learn from school or from predecessors. Meanwhile, a creative problem is always solved in a creative way. The creative problem will never be mentioned in any books so that the solution to these problems also will never be in books. In that case, the only way to solve the problem is to create a new solution - rely on inspiration. In brief, I do rely more on inspiration when I have to solve a creative problem.

P.S. I was very confused when write this sentence: "In that case, the only way to solve the problem is to create a new solution - rely on inspiration"

My exact idea is: "In that case, the only way to solve the problem is to create a new solution, it means to rely on inspiration", but I'm afraid that it's not a good sentence, so I use the hyphen =))). Is it correct when I put a hyphen there? =(((

Please help me check this paragraph? Are there any mistakes? Is it well-structured?
Thank you ! :"3
EF_Carol - / 145 39  
This paragraph is repetitive and yet doesmake a good point. I think you are defining a word with the word!

create a new solution...

To solve a creative problem you could say you try to think "outside the box".
You don't want to use the same word creative to say how you solved the creative problem.

-rely on inspiration...

You can use the hyphen there, but you could also use a colon; i.e.:rely on inspiration. Either way you are pausing and drawing attention to your solution.

Well written paragraph with some suggestions for improvement. Don't define a word with a word. Maybe use a colon instead of the hyphen.

Oef_carol
szhang25 15 / 21 8  
Some of my suggestions:

"MeanwhileHowever , a creative problem is always solved in a creative way."

"The creative problem will never be mentioned in any books so that the solution to these problems also will never be in books."

This sentence is kind of confusing, how about something along the lines of "Creative problems never appear in books with an answer key, so their solutions cannot simply be looked up."

"In that case, the only way to solve the problem is to create a new solution - rely on inspiration."
This sentence is a good idea for a close, but it could be made better in terms of structure, perhaps: "In that case, the only way to solve the problem is to create a new solution, which relies on inspiration."

Home / Writing Feedback / Topic: When you have to solve a creative problem, do you rely more on craft or inspiration? Why?