Ielts 1 - The total of British home and overseas scholars learning Computer Science at an University

Sonny Tran 2 / 3  

the popularity of Computer Science in the uk

The bar chart below gives information about the number of students studying Computer Science at a UK university between 2010 and 2012.

The chart provides information about the total of British home and overseas scholars learning Computer Science at a United Kingdom university from 2010 to 2012. Students are the measuring units.

Looking from an overall perspective, it is readily apparent that both kinds of students in male and female experienced an upward trend, while home scholars were larger than the other throughout the period.

Regarding Men, its number of home students was about 39 in 2010. However, after a year, it sharply declined to below 25 before dramatically rising back to over 40 in 2012. In contrast, although the international category initially began with a lower rate ( 20 in 2010 ), it almost equaled home students at the end of the period.

Concerning Women, the home students initiated with approximately 32 in 2010. Then, it tremendously increased non-stop and peaked at 45 in 2012. There was also a significant growth in international students, from 2010 with 14 to 2012 with 20.

(162 words) I will be appreciated if you guys can give me a score ( scale of 9 in Ielts )

Please contact me privately for your scoring requirements. We do not offer public scoring of an essay as it is not part of our free review service.

The chart

As you know, the original instruction already identified the image as a bar chart and yet, you failed to properly identify the type of image presented. This is a bar chart, not a general chart. A general chart does not contain a specific image identifier as required by the task scoring system. The image information summary is a run-on sentence. You need to split that up into at least 3 sentences to avoid GRA score deductions based on run-on sentence presentations. By the way, you forgot to indicate the gender basis for the measurements in the overview. That is important since there are several gender references now available to the public. Therefore, specific gender identification is necessary in the task 1 essay, wherever it is mentioned specifically.

Students are the measuring units.

Students are the measurement subjects. The measurement (measuring) units refers to percentage, ratio, numerical count (in the hundreds, thousands, millions, megawatts, etc.) There is no measurement unit refererrd to here so it is safe to assume that the students were measured in the thousands. However, were a measurement unit is not specified, it would be best if you do not mention any either.
OP Sonny Tran 2 / 3  
@Holt thanks for the feedback, and what is your email so I can privately know my score?

@Holt I can see that I write at least 3 sentences, can you check the essay again?

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts 1 - The total of British home and overseas scholars learning Computer Science at an University