Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Tour guide- agree or disagree? - TOEFL preparation- independent essay

haghasa 1 / -  
Tour guide- agree or disagree ?

Nowadays, by development of tourist industry in different parts of the world, it seems inevitable for travelers to avoid possibilities and facilities provided by these communities. On of these services is international tour guides who travel with the group of people in order to help them to have best journey. However, this should be noted that the way this services can help the visitors had changed truly at this time. There are a great deal of information in the internet and books that everybody can use to travel individually. Beside that, there are local guides in each city provided by the governments. In the following, we plan to examine the possible solution to find the best choice in this regard.

In the first place, it is a matter of independence. By other words, person can visit wherever he or she wants without any restriction form the tour guides. Because of short come in time, most of the tour guides have inclination to visit most popular places, only, and mostly historic ones. By the way of example, several years ago I had a travel to Turkey with through joining the tour guide institute service form my country and during this short journey we had the time to only visit five or six historic places. On the other hand, others who I travel with, argue that they want to do shopping, something I hate to do at that short time, and always I had to wait for them. That was so annoying since, travelling to cities of another country is once in a life time opportunity, that I wouldn't miss with the world. Because of this, it seems logical that travelers need free choice on where to visit and how to manage their time during limited journey.

Secondly, at this time internet and books can share very good and sufficient information about every places in the world. There are so many websites created by the adventurer and one who travels a lot, and also books provided by the government and local people to introduce the beauty of their city and country. On the other hand, technology introduced virtual situation by simulating the famous places. For instance, 360 degree pictures and most of all google maps are an inevitable guide to the tourists. This is a good source for a person like me, who do not want to use the limited data by the tour guide. Also, this materials are enjoyable and can increase my knowledge about different aspects of that place. For example, next week I want to visit Amsterdam, form one month earlier I had started to read about that place and become familiar with their cultures and beautiful places, even good restaurants and foods.

Finally, it should be noted that, although, the information offered by the tour guide are of a great importance that we can not rule out without more through examination, these data can be shared by the local people and possible internet access. Alongside, at this time, with the huge development of tourist industry, there are guides in each area which can embodied the story behind every place in the past just in fewer price rather than what it would be if a person want to use the experience of the tour guide from his or her own city. For example, each hotel have a tour guide who is a person from that local area, and admittedly with higher knowledge about the historic places and natural beauties of that city.

By the way of conclusion, based on the arguments presented in above, although tour guides can be beneficial, in the modern world, the significance of them seems to be abated due to an unrestricted development of information and data presented by the internet and tourist industry, mostly books and magazines. Belong side, I'm of the opinion that all the tour guide both international and local should be ban totally, but also there are still needs on the local guides and authorities who share the data by the books and internet.

Home / Writing Feedback / Tour guide- agree or disagree? - TOEFL preparation- independent essay