Tourism brings negative effects on local cultures like moral degradation and ecosystem destruction

ekalamarsyari11 72 / 108 9  
Some people say that tourism has many negative effects on the countries that people travel to. How true is this statement? What can tourist do to reduce the harmful effect of tourism on local cultures and environments?

In the recent era, tourism has become a global industry where there are a lot of companies provide amount of access to travel abroad. However, this phenomenon has brought some negative effects on local cultures such as moral degradation and ecosystem destruction.

When foreign people visit some places they might face cultural interaction. However, local cultures may get more influence from all newcomers because they have closely interacted with them for long term. It should demolish the local tradition gradually and as the result, local society may lose their traditional identity.

Another problem is that tourism in many new tourist destination destroy local environment. Most of the holidaymakers only think about their vacation and how they can enjoy it. For instance, when some people go to a beach or a mountain they bring a lot of things including food and water but they leave the place without saving their rubbish. As the result, the more immense the tourists come, the more horrible trash produce. Hence, it destroys the local ecosystem dramatically. For example, there are serious environment problems in Komodo Island, Indonesia. It has been caused by the increase of the tourism. In my opinion, tourists should care more about local environment where they come. I have visited one of the cleanest beaches in Indonesia, it is Gatra beach. There, all of the visitors have to bring their rubbish when they leave .

In conclusion, people are easier to make a holiday over the sea but they have to be responsible and preserve to both local tradition and environment because those things are very unique world's civilization.
ashelarisa48 36 / 52 4  
Hai Eka! Nice to read your thread! I am trying to give some feedback for your essay.
Actually, you did it well, it is just a little error in gramatical, but overall I think you have answered what the questions ask.

tourism has become a global industry where there are that makes a lot of companies ...
... some negative effects on the local cultures such as moral ...

... they might face a cultural interaction.

In conclusion, people are easier to make a holiday over the sea travel around the world ...

Keep writing, Eka! ^^
RAY93 35 / 186 136  
In the recent era, tourism has become ...
you composed a good introduction. However, to make it more superb, add your main ideas related to solutions or things to reduce those harmful effect.

When foreign people visit some places [need comma] they might faceinvolve in cultural interaction. It should can demolish the local ...

Another problem is that tourism in many new tourist destinationS[singular/plural issue] destroy local /environment.
they leave the place without savingproperly throw/remove/collect out their rubbish.
For example, there are serious environmentAL problems in Komodo Island, Indonesia.

i find that your essay, particularly your writing skill, is good enough to read and understand. keep writing... i am waiting for your other great essays
Hi Eka, before I dive into giving you some suggestions, I would like to share that tourism has both negative and positive effects on people, the ecosystem and the world as a whole. The thing is, in every thing we do, I believe we can only do so much and one thing that we need to take note of is, tourism is mother natures gift to its inhabitants, therefore, as care takers, we need to take care of it as much as we can, moreover, its an industry that keeps on giving, we just need to know where to look and how to work with it in a very responsible way possible.

Moving on to your essay, below are my suggestions;

- on our local cultures such

- When foreign people visit some places they might face cultural interaction.
- However, local cultures may get more influence from
- they have closely interacted with them for a long term.
- as thea result, local society may ...

- that, tourism in many new tourist destination destroy the local environment.
- the more horrible trash is produced .
- ThereHere , all of the visitors have to bring their rubbish when they leave .

- In conclusion, when people are easier to maketake a holiday
- over the sea butor with nature, they have to be responsible
- and preserve to both local tradition and environment because
- those things are very unique and valuable to the world's civilizationnext generation .

There you have it Eka, I hope the above remarks are helpful to your revision.

Home / Writing Feedback / Tourism brings negative effects on local cultures like moral degradation and ecosystem destruction