Tourism as a remedium for peace between people?

David54 15 / 22 1  
Summary TED_For more tolerance we need tourism

This video stories about a man who has tried to change the world with tourism, his name is Aziz Abu Sarah. This started when he was seven years old, watching television and seeing people throwing rocks is fun thing to do that he thought at the moment. Moreover, he has brother who was arrested when he was 18, got jail because of throwing stones. As a result, his brother had internal injuries that caused him death soon after went out from jail. When his brother was death, he felt angry and want to gave revenge. But all of it was changed when he was 18 years old and decided that he was going to study Hebrew in their classroom. It was the first time he ever met Jews who were civilians, and they have similar perspective in small things. As time goes by, he realized there are barriers that divides the Palestina and the Israel. And therefore, he decided to demolish the walls that separate people through many ways. Tourism is one of them, but also media and education. He think that tourism is the great way of connecting people and making friendships.
Anaguna 21 / 27 5  
Hi David, here I put additional corrections for your summary:

First, you have to be careful in using "to", for instance you utilize "he felt angry and want to gave revenge", it should be " he felt angry and want to give revenge".

to + Verb 1 (to give, not to gave)

Second, if you want to say "he was seven years old", "he was 18 years old ", you can write down a variation of sentence such "he was in the age of 18 "

Thanks.
RAY93 35 / 186 136  
This video storiestells about a man who (...) with tourism, his name iscalled Aziz Abu Sarah.

This started when he was seven years old...

began when he was 7 years old, he used to think that throwing stones and watching television are fun things to do. he changed his mind when his older 18-years brother was arrested for doing the same, simply because he was a Palestinian boy who throwing stone.

[by scrutinizing the video, you should have to understand that this is about religion also]

When his brother was deaD, he felt angry and want to gavetake revenge.

by reading the rest of your summary, i can conclude that you are still having problem in summarising, especially in how to produce/restate the sentences by using your own words and not just copy sentences from the sources.

to make a powerful summary, you need to understand first what is the article about, what are the main facts or outstanding information there.
make a note using your first tongue is recommended in case it can help you to make the summary by translating to English. By this, you will have a chance to rewrite it by using your own lexical resource at the same time enhance it. keep writing
Jawa 11 / 17 1  
hii... David54
let me give you some corrections...

This video stories about a man who ...

the word "story" is a noun so that you cannot utilize it to become a verb...

watching television and seeing people throwing rocks is (you need to put a plural verb as your subject is plural) fun thing

please pay more attention on your subject verb agreement...

hope this helps,
thanks,

Home / Writing Feedback / Tourism as a remedium for peace between people?