Being a tourist destination country has flaw effects like littering, pollution, prostitution, etc.

Faridadwi18 67 / 104 13  
Question : Some people say that tourism has many negative effects on the countries that people travel to. How true is this statement? What can tourist do to reduce the harmful effects of tourism on local cultures and environments?

Many countries provide tourist destination to attract people to visit their country so that they can get much incomes. However, this condition also gives some negative effects on the country. I believe that many holiday makers will give bad influence to the places where they visited.

One of the negative impacts to environment is littering. When people visit a place, most of them will throw the garbage randomly without thinking of the effects that will happen. Another effect is increase pollution wether the emission or noise. With many visitors come, traffic congestion will happen and the pollution will increase so that will mark the environment. Exploring under water also will give bad influence to the coral reefs and other fishes in the sea.

The social culture in that country also will changes. Drugs, alcohol problems, prostitution, child labour will happen in a country which provide many tourism places. Most of foreigners come not only sightseeing but also enjoying the night lives which the place provides. It means the number of the places which provide prostitution and others will increase. If it is continue to happen it will reduce the traditional cultures and values of a country.

People need to stop to litter and follow the rule which government make. If they want to explore, they have to keep the environment to stay as they are. By creating alternative source like ecotourism, it can help to reduce the harmful effects.

In conclusion, become a tourist destination country has flaw effects to culture and environment like littering, pollution, prostitution and others. By following and respecting the rules also conserving environment can help the country to decrease the impacts.
Dennis65 4 / 16  
Your essay is well written but next time kindly pay extra attention to your sentences because they are poorly constructed.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Hi there...., thanks for sharing your essay here.
As seen, you have presented a good essay, but you need to consider some points in order to pass your exam with flying colors.
Let's discuss the introductory paragraph as the first concern.
There will be no big diversities between IELTS and academic writing introductions. Students are suggested taking chances to develop their opening paragraph with care. Such a paragraph consists of background information and thesis statement. A closer look at your intro shows that the thesis written is not well-developed, since the ideas are not stated exactly upfront, and therefore this will deduct your score.

some negative effects

give bad influence

These two phrases are bad examples, since they do not bring any values and are commonly found in students' IELTS essays. A lil bit improvement as follows:

The idea that tourists' activities bring more negative impacts on destination countries is the most valued by some people. Some claim that this results in the amount of pollution from cars and dropping litter increasing significantly. Therefore, It is believed that tourists should concern on the areas where they visit with care and opt green activities as preferable holiday options .

Now, fast forwarding to the 2nd and 3rd body paragraph:
The issues: littering, pollution and social life interruptions need more detailed explanations. Asking journalistic questions, such as who, when, where, why, what and how are one of the brilliant ways to dig what's behind the story. Some students share their own stories, while others are trying to mark up the ones by presenting "fake data" as to concerning on fully-developed examples. I am sure that you can do this, as well. More importantly, one idea for one paragraph is always better than multi ideas for one paragraph. By doing so, you have more chances to cogitate about the issue more specifically.

Again, solution paragraph is too vague as the ideas comes nowhere.
-

follow the rule which government make

Which rule?
-

keep the environment

how to keep the environment?
-

ecotourism,

Not all people know this word, so you need to explain this with ease

Your task is to improve the weak points that I have highlighted. A heap of luck.

Home / Writing Feedback / Being a tourist destination country has flaw effects like littering, pollution, prostitution, etc.