Traditional newspapers are believed to hold the most vital position among news readers

morce183 2 / 2 1  
TASK:
Although more and more people read news on the Internet, newspapers will remain the most important source of news.

Do you agree or disagree?

Despite the fact that online news is becoming increasingly popular, traditional newspapers are believed to hold the most vital postion among news readers. I strongly disagree with this statement due to a great deal of advantages online news offers.

On the one hand, newspapers has its own benefits to become a vital source of information. Firstly, newspapers is the most traditional way of updating news and it is suitable for everyone. For instance, eldery people are usually keen on reading newspapers because of their habits, or people living in rural areas might choose to read newspapers because of not having Internet access. Secondly, newspapers can be trusted as it is physcial, cannot be changed and traditional press only employ professional writers or editors.

On the other hand, It is undeniable that people nowadays have a preference for online news rather than newspaper. One of the key benefits is that online news service have the ability to make the articles interactive. Videos, images or voice records could be embedded alongside the text, which helps readers have a better visualization of the events narrated on the articles. Moreover, it is more accessible for people to read online news. Everyone having a portable devide like a smartphone could access to a substantial amount of news. Websites such as BBC are designed to be user-friendly, which means users could get notifications of newly-updated news and approach information from one place instead of switching between multiple websites to get news from different countries.

To recapitulate, I disagree with the view that newspapers is the only efficient way of collecting news and hold a strong belief that online news is equally essential as newspapers.
Despite the fact that online news

The original presentation is not assuming this as a fact. You should not do so either. Omit the phrase" fact that" and this statement will be more aligned with the original.

I strongly

Use a measured response only in an extent essay. This is a mere and simple agrer or disagree presentation.

Good work on your thesis presentation you clearly offer a clue as to the reasoning paragraphs topics and direction.

Your reasoning paragraphs should not be comparative in nature. The instructions for discussion are not comparative in nature, only a single opinion consideration. The discussion should only focus upon how valid the reasons for your opinion are. you must disprove the importance of newspapers as a traditional news source twice. Using different reasons each time.

You will not receive a score for the unrelated opinion discussion and will receive word count deductions for falling under the minimum word count. You could very well fail the test because of the inclusion of the unrelated paragraph.
niesaysi 16 / 290 85  
Despite the fact that online news is ... the most vital position ...

You just need to paraphrase the statement: Although more and more people read news on the Internet, newspapers will remain the most important source of news. Do not use "despite the fact" as it has made the idea in your sentence inconsistent with the idea in the given statement. Another issue is that "the most important source of news" should be taken into consideration when paraphrasing the statement. This one, "are believed to hold the most vital position among news readers," is not related to the reference point that newspapers remain to be the most important source of news.

I strongly disagree with this statement ...

I think the reason provided in your thesis statement is good. You do not need to use an intensifier like "strongly," since the question only asks whether you agree or disagree.

On the one hand, newspapers has its own ...

There are too many issues that I have seen with this one. First is "On the one hand" as a transitional device to start the discussion of your body. You have already chosen one side, and that was to oppose the given statement; therefore, it is unnecessary to use "on the one hand" to introduce the first of two contrasting points. Second is the idea in the sentence. You should not begin your body discussion by mentioning the advantages of newspapers as it is not what you are supposed to discuss. Please refer to your thesis statement.

Presenting a balanced discussion of both sides (first para and second para) must not be done in writing an agree/disagree essay; otherwise, your paper will not get a good score.

Home / Writing Feedback / Traditional newspapers are believed to hold the most vital position among news readers