Traditional subjects or a more modern approach to prepare students for today's world challenges

Bacher 1 / 1  
Hope everyone can help me in this first post, everyone's comments are a priceless gift to me.

Hello everyone, this is one of my essays (actually an IELTS part 2 essay). Although I have written a lot, but most of it is not shared with anyone, so I do not get many comments. This is really my first time posting on the forum. Hope everyone can help me in this first post, everyone's comments are a priceless gift to me. Thanks in advanced, everyone!

Topic

SCHOOLS CONCENTRATE FAR TOO MUCH ON TRADITIONAL SUBJECTS WHICH DO NOT ADEQUATELY PREPARE STUDENTS FOR THE REALISTIC DEMANDS OF THE MODERN WORKING WORLD

.

In such a developing and fast-paced society, many education systems still firmly believe that their attentiveness towards academic performance would hold the key and drive their student's life. Therefore, many students are yet to provide true-to-life skills. In my opinion, this belief needs debunking. Hence, I'd gravitate towards the agreement side.

As I have mentioned above, academic knowledge is not enough for a student to survive in society. On the ground that life is a combination of many things rather than knowledge, your theoretical knowledge only constituted an incremental part of it. For instance, if you are an erudite scholar, yet you do not know how to apply what you have studied and known for real-life contexts, in that way your knowledge becomes futile. Furthermore, in many global corporations nowadays, academic professionalism is becoming a peripheral requirement, instead. They require their skeleton staff social skills more than anything else. Since the more they excel in social skills the more tactful and sensible they are within the realm of the working environment. Take the interview for staff recruitment as a testament to my point. If you're a college student with a grade A certificate, yet in schools, you're not equipped with adequate skills to encounter pressure-required contexts, you'll start panicking when you come to an interview. However, if you're a normal college student with a grade B certificate, yet you have a high awareness of the significance of social skills, being adept at these skills, you'd likely have more chances of success.

In the contemporary era, dignity and moral are what accentuated the intrinsic values of humans rather than knowledge. Due to the dearth of benevolence and compassion in developing society, the need for social skill will soon eclipse the need for academic knowledge. By way of illustration, if you are a successful and affluent person, or a good and exceptional student, though. You do not know to keep your behaviour within the pale, and your soul always lacks compassion and benevolence. These so-called successful people and good students are tantamount to scrap.

In conclusion, I strongly advocate that schools, singularly traditional ones, it's time they espoused a new mindset about the role of social skills. I never negate the importance of academic knowledge, yet without knowing how to apply this knowledge for real-life context, this precious diamond would become stones. Therefore, schools play a significant role in aiding their students to equip and apply their knowledge.
The topic is about the relevance of traditional subjects being taught in school. Traditional subjects cover classes taught such as reading , writing , math, science , languages, history, etc. These are the topics (subjects ) learned when attending school. Academic performance relates to the grades or level of learning / learning ability of the student. Based on there differences, it is easy to understand why the prompt restatement is incorrect. When considering that the discussion question asks : "to what extent do you agree or disagree?", it also appears that the question response is incorrect in both the restatement + opinion and concluding summary paragraphs. The task is never accurately represented in both TA score based paragraphs.

The student is attempting to focus on vocabulary skills to enhance this score. The problem with this, is that the advanced English words do not really apply to everyday English writing. The student obviously used a dictionary while writing and based his word usage on "complicated"' word choices, requiring an academic specially to understand what he is saying when simple everyday english would have sufficed and prevented GRA and LR reductions due to incorrect word usage and confusing statements. Had the writer written a simply worded essay within 250-300 words, these mistakes would have been avoided.
OP Bacher 1 / 1  
I'm really grateful to you for your advice, I'll do my best to improve my above-mentioned faults.

Home / Writing Feedback / Traditional subjects or a more modern approach to prepare students for today's world challenges