Traffic congestion makes the amount of pollution rate increasing

mardian24 46 / 75  
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
What other measures do you think might be effective?

Throughout these days, traffic congestion has been the main problem in the city and it makes the amount of pollution rate is increasing. However, in my opinion, I agree that the price of oil can affect the number of transportation in the street and I am sure that there are the other solutions to face these problems.

Oil is the most significant thing for vehicles to operate. The prices of oil is higher than before, drivers tend to use public transportation. But, some people still drive a car because they want to arrive of their destination quickly. That is only the minority of people and the fact say that people do not want to buy gasoline which has high price and it will decrease the rate of pollution in the street. For instance, there was a sharp decrease in the number of vehicles in the street because the government made a rule to increase the price of oil twice in 2005. However, I agree that lowering of prices the way how to reduce pollution and traffic congestion while there are many solutions that can solve this problem.

Using public transportation is one of the solutions to decrease pollution in the city. But, the government needs to fix the public transportation that makes it faster and more comfortable for people to use. Another solution is that cars need to pay off the cross to some streets. The driver will think again if they have to pay every crossing the street. For instance, Electronic Road Price (ERP) is implemented by Indonesian government in protocol way. It has reduced 25 percent of cars in the street. The consequence is that pollution will decrease as well. However, many ways solve this problem in the street.

To sum up, I totally agree that the price of oil can handle the number of vehicles and lowering the pollution while these other solutions still can be implemented. In my opinion, this solution can be reality if the government is very serious to fix the problem.
bonica 2 / 3  
you have identifed the soultion i.e hiking the price of oil and mention what other alternatives should vehicle owners use and continous monitoring by the governement regarding the o;d vehicles should be done continuosly .. Another solution is that cars need to pay off the cross to some streets. The driver will think again if they have to pay every crossing the street- wont this be burden to car owners

Home / Writing Feedback / Traffic congestion makes the amount of pollution rate increasing