A training for future employment is more significant than the provision of broad-based education

swaysbothways 2 / 2  

Training for work is far more important than providing a broad-based education.

to what extent do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays, people believe that training for future employment is of greater significance than the provision of broad-based education. I firmly disagree to this notion, and believe that having a broad-based education is of equal importance.

People who believe that a wider educational content has similar significance with employment training claim that an individual's life has a lot of aspects and does not only evolve around work. People need to have practical skills and knowledge that they can use in their everyday lives like cooking, baking, physical education, and sanitation. Although these skills, in a lot of professions, are not used in their line of work, they are utilized everyday and are essential to sustain a safe and healthy life.

In addition, having a broader body of knowledge not only focused to an aspired future job enables an individual to have more options for employment. This is especially true to individuals who decide to shift courses or career. They will not have to start from scratch since most likely they already have a background knowledge and adequate skills for the career they will be shifting to; albeit, not proficiently as those who had an in-depth training for the job.

In conclusion, I strongly disagree that training for future employment is more important than a broad based education since life is not just about a person's career, and a wider body of knowledge is always an advantage for anyone.
robinm147 1 / 2  
It is better to put some examples in the body paragraphs

The the first sentence of the second paragraph seems lengthy and mechanical

Home / Writing Feedback / A training for future employment is more significant than the provision of broad-based education