General Training - Task 2 - Type: Agree or Disagree - Subject: television, laziness, socialisation

Gaucho 8 / 15  
TELEVISION DOMINATES THE FREE-TIME OF TOO MANY PEOPLE. IT CAN MAKE PEOPLE LAZY AND PREVENT THEM FROM SOCIALISING WITH OTHERS. DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE?

Television has been the most popular choice of many people to enjoy their leisure time. As a consequence, people have become more indolent and they are no longer socialising with others. I strongly agree with this opinion.

To begin with, concerning the matter of individuals are getting lazier because of watching television excessively, it is a fact that if years ago people used to use their free time with outdoor activities, nowadays being in front of the screen is the most convenient choice for the majority. For example, people have a busy lifestyle and are unable to take the time to go out for any kind of entertainment. In addition, the innumerable channels and programmes available are very attractive. Therefore, people tend to be home watching their favourites programmes. This behaviour gives rise to laziness which might also lead to health problems.

It must also be pointed out that television means being indoors most of the time and no social activity is involved. For instance, I remember that in my childhood I used to spend my free time doing sports or socialising with my friends. However, nowadays children are more and more addicted to television, which leads to them turning into introverts and losing social skills.

In conclusion, taking these factors into consideration, I am inclined to believe that television has made people physically inactive as well as limited their social skills. Although other factors such as the Internet contribute to this behaviour, the popularity of television is one of the main causes.
Try to write at least 275 - 300 words for the Task 2 essay to receive the maximum possible scoring considerations based on the grading rubic. You have done a very good job in paraphrasing the original prompt. You have totally changed the presentation of the sentence, while keeping the subject of the original prompt in your presentation. This shows that you have a good grasp of the English language that goes beyond memorized phrases. You also showcase an ability to use various vocabulary. The overall discussion shows a good understanding of the prompt requirements and uses a balanced mix of complex and simple sentences in every paragraph.

The only problem with your essay is the concluding paragraph, where you reiterate you position on the discussion. When reiterating your position, you must include a summary of the supporting discussion topics from the body of paragraphs. The concluding statement needs to remind the reader of the previous positions in order to help them understand why you concluding statement is so strongly supported by the essay facts.

This is not a bad try at writing a Task 2 essay. Like I said, your score will be helped tremendously if you have the confidence to write more than just a little over the maximum required words. You have shown the potential to score well in this task, build on it.
OP Gaucho 8 / 15  
Thank very much for your feedback, I appreciated it. I will use your suggestions to improve my next writings in order to achieve a better score.

Home / Writing Feedback / General Training - Task 2 - Type: Agree or Disagree - Subject: television, laziness, socialisation