IELTS task 2: transport mode used by traveler in a European city

angga93 42 / 74 20  
The bar chart compares the percentage of traveler who used four different types of transport in a European City between 1960 and 2000. Overall, the illustration covers two major transportation mode, which was using fuel and man-powered. Compared to motorized transport, people seem to lose interest in zero-emission transportation mode within the 4 decades.

According to the data, vehicles (bus and car) had become a very popular choice for travelling during this period of time. In fact, only slightly above 5% of travelers used cars and bus passengers just under one-fifth of all tourist in 1960. However, those two number showed a sharp increase in 1980, especially car users which jumped to more than 20%. Although in 2000 the proportion of people who used buses experienced a fall of 10%, a significant growth in the number of car utilizers caused automobiles became the most popular transport mode in the end of the period.

The number of touristss who choose to bike or walk had a noticeable downward trend. 1960 witnessed a huge percentage of travelers using bicycle and walking, which were 25% and 34% each. Twenty years later, both numbers declined especially the proportion of walker which plunged drastically. Finally, in 2000, bicycle became the least popular among other types of transport due to a sharp drop in the percentage.

aflah15 32 / 18 4  
Overall, the illustration covers two major transportation modeS, which was WERE using fuel and man-powered.
... popular choice for travelling during this period of time PERIOD. In fact, only slightly above 5% of travelers used cars ...
However, those two numberS showed a sharp increase in 1980,
The number of touristss who choose
NourNour 22 / 39 7  
the percentage of travelerS
two major transportation modeS which was WERE using
those two numberS showed

The number of touristss

The year 1960 witnessed a huge percentage of travelers WHO WALK OR USE using bicycleS and walking ,
the proportion of walkerS

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS task 2: transport mode used by traveler in a European city