Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Should we trust someone in the first impression or not?

xucoi 14 / 41 10  
Hi everybody, please give me some your comments for my essay. Thank you very much :)

Some people trust their first impressions about a person's character because they believe their judgments are generally correct. Other people do not judge person's character quickly because they believe first impressions are often wrong. Compare these two attitudes. Which attitude do you agree with?

Some people think that their evaluation in first impression about stranger is right. Other people, however, argue that, that evaluation is wrong. To me, I prefer the former to the older that we should not trust a stranger based on the first time meeting.

Why do the people trust other in the earliest stage? For one thing, they believe their intuitions. They believe that those feeling help them don't waste time to understand a person. HR staffs are one example. If they shake hand an employee, they would know his attitude toward his job. If they make conversation with a job's candidate, they will get partly candidate's personality. Besides, when people trust other, they can share anything without reluctance. Therefore, they can easily make more friends and expand their relationship.

Although I agree that there maybe one or two advantages for trusting people in the first time meeting, for all intent and purposes, I think we should not hope to get those advantages in the first time meeting. In the first place, not all people have the same art criticism as the HR members who interact with many different people just in a day. Most people usually communicate with most people around them. In addition, when people put their trust in the first impression, they could lose many good friends. People say, "A friend in need is a friend in deed", so only getting along with the time, we would be having good friends.

In the second place, people will give consideration for the stranger in the friendship days. If a girl thinks deliberately to choose a boy as her boyfriend, she might be not broken her heart because that boy is not suitable with her. If a person examines stranger in the initial stage, he may not regret because that good friend actually is a bad guide.

In conclusion, trusting people's character in the first impression could make more disadvantages than advantages. People are not the artist in distinguishing many different people and they need more time to get to know those strangers deliberately. They should be based on their mind, not based on intuition.

Home / Writing Feedback / Should we trust someone in the first impression or not?