Tutoring in Morocco (English language essay)

hafidgg 6 / 11  
Tutoring becomes a phenomenon in Morocco. Not only the elite who turns towards teaching their children in private sector, paying lot for tutoring, but also the middle class people are trying to offer their children good education and additional lessons especially in foreign languages. This essay is casting light on the reasons and the advantages of tutoring in our society.

Losing trust in the public schools and state teachers, parents become more and more aware of the importance of tutoring their children in private centres or even hiring teachers home to explain properly to students. Public Schools' quality is degrading due to luck of materials and large numbers of students in classes among other problems. Knowing this besides the fact that good schools and universities in the country are more and more selective requiring high competencies, Moroccan families struggle to offer good education to their children via private sector. Like other countries, tutoring in Morocco is expensive ranging from 100 dhs to 200 dhs per hour.

Foreign languages are much more desired not only by parents but also by the whole society due to the fact that they are the key to science, business, and tourism. Despite the fact that French is the first foreign language spoken in Morocco, English is the most desired and preferred to all the majority of parents. They urge their children to learn it counting sensitizing them to the importance of this language worldwide, doing everything they can to enable their children to be good at English.

Being aware of its value, parents prefer teaching their kids in Schools where English is taught in primary grades. Moreover, some parents pay much money to bring a tutor home for their kids to better learn this language and it becomes a phenomenon nowadays in Morocco. People hire teachers to give extra lesson at home, far from bad conditions in most of Moroccan classes, where kids are comfortable and safe.

Tutoring is, indeed, a good way to save students who find difficulties in understanding the lessons given in class. As far as English language is concerned, tutoring is not merely a successful tool to recuperate the lessons students miss in their ordinary classes, but also an effective way of better know English language rules, having a good pronunciation and fluency in speaking skills.

This phenomenon of giving extra lessons in Morocco society has several advantages. Though some people consider it unhealthy because it makes students lazy and always rely on them to have good marks.
giorgio186 9 / 54  
Public Schools' quality is degrading due to luck of materials
You probably meant 'lack of materials'.
OP hafidgg 6 / 11  
very kind of u . thanks

Home / Writing Feedback / Tutoring in Morocco (English language essay)