In twenty years there will be fewer cars in use than there are today.

beginner1010 2 / 3 1  
Questions:
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Nowadays, cars act as an important role in our life; actually, people have embraced cars as a part of themselves for doing even minor works. In such matters, people who do not have car were encouraged to buy one. It leads to increasing cars on the streets and causes air pollution, heavy traffic, and even global warming. Scientists and specialists try to inform people that not only does car have benefits, but it also brings inevitable issues especially for big cities. As far as I know, governments in some developed countries have taken firm steps to decrease the number of cars in big cities. They have tried to achieve the goal by getting higher taxes and lay constraint rules down. I suppose that streets would have fewer cars in the near future compared to today. There are some convincing reasons, which would persuade people not to use cars anymore.

Firstly, as we all know, cars have made human life easier and have brought us many advantages like faster traveling. They even have become a part of our life; in some societies, apart from that whether it is fair or not, luxurious cars have become a symbol of prestige and proud. These factors have led to the fact that any family is convinced to have at least one. Since increasing cars on the streets has made several problems such as heavy traffic, accidents, air pollution and even global warming for residents and ecosystems, governments try to relieve this modern phenomenon. For example, in some developed countries such as the United States, Japan, China, and Russia, public transportation services have been improved to make decrease using personal cars.

The second point I would like to mention is that fuels such as coal, gas and oil are going to the end. Some vital parts of a country like factories, power stations, and military units need fuel to be survived. Cars deplete fuel for unworthy purposes. Governments know that future would be energy war; therefore, they attempt to encourage their people to leave personal cars off. As far as I know, governments in many countries try to force their people use cars less by getting higher taxes and raising rates of fuels.

Most importantly, by using internet, we can do any transaction from our home. Nowadays, if we want to pay money or order any kind of good, we can simply do it through internet. By going out, we would only waste our time and would breathe polluted air; as a result, many people prefer to stay at home and order what they want. I believe, over time, people would come to the conclusion that having car would not be necessary and useful in life.

Broadly speaking, I believe that in twenty years there will be fewer cars on the streets. There are convincing reasons, by which people prefer to stay at home instead of going out for minor works. First of all, since cars are the main reason of many issues like air pollution and heavy traffic in big cities, governments try to employ innovative and feasible plans, one of which is public transportation. Actually, by improving public transportation services, people would be encouraged to leave their own cars off. Second, fuels and energy on the earth go to the end; as a result, governments prefer to use them for vital parts of their countries. Last but not least, since almost any work can be done fast, easily and inexpensively via internet, cars would become the unnecessary part of any life in the near future.
Tbontb 2 / 6  
In such matters, people who do not have car were encouraged to buy one - doesn't needed
As far as I know - I would get rid of this
make sure everything is in present tense
First of all...second... - don't repeat them
Beginner, I will be posting my comments and suggestions per paragraph for your consideration :-) I noticed that you were offering your point of view from the very beginning so I did my best to stick to the essence of your paper from your point of view.

- Nowadays, carsplay an important role in our lives . People have embraced the participation of cars in even their most minor transportation errands and as such, even those without a car wish to have one. However, using cars causes a great deal of pollution and damage to our environment, affecting our planet as a whole. That is why scientists believe that even though the use of cars has benefits, those are far outweighed by the damage it causes. So the goal to have more people using lesser cars in 2o years is something the scientific community and national government have been batting for and is also something I support for a number of reasons.

- Cars help us reach our destinations faster. Its existence has forced national governments to create road infrastructure projects that brought employment and income to their cities. The problem, is that there is now an overabundance of cars. This proliferation of cars has affected us negatively as well because of higher road taxes meant to maintain the roads the cars pass on, the emergence of motor traffic where there was none before, deaths in road accidents, and increased global warming effects. It is because of these reasons that the national governments in the U.S., Japan, China, and Russia, to name but a few, have taken hard line measures to limit the use of cars for private purposes.These are also the very reasons why these countries are developing their public transportation infrastructure as well.

- All you need is one good point that you can completely and strongly argue. The first reason is more than enough to allow you to launch into a personal opinion in the next paragraph.

- The success of the government moves to limit the use of cars has seen great progress because of the emergence of the internet and the development of computers and consumer related software. These all combine to allow people to stay at home while completing the tasks that they normally would have had to leave the house and ride the car for. Errands such as grocery shopping, banking, bills payment, even doctor consultations, can now be done online. Thus saving gasoline for more necessary purposes and reducing the number of cars and people on the streets.

- It is because of the emergence of these technologies and gadgets that I foresee fewer cars on the road in twenty years. With governments aggressively promoting alternative modes of transportation via public transport systems, and the ease with which errands can be done without leaving the house, I really do not see a reason in the future for more cars to be on the road than necessary.

Home / Writing Feedback / In twenty years there will be fewer cars in use than there are today.