Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

IELTS TASK 2 : TWO DIFFERENT WAYS IN GAINING LESSONS FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY

ichatea07 27 / 24 10  
Some people say that you can learn more about another country by watching television programmes and films about it than by actually visitting it.
How true is this statement? Is there anything you can learn about another country by visitting it that you cannot learn by watching programmes and films about it?

ESSAY :
Today, when human can easily travel abroad, a number of people believe that watching television channels about tourism can give more lessons about other countries rather than truly taking a tour to destination countries. This essay will explain about factors supporting that notion and lessons that can be obtained by merely visitting a country.

It is clear people tend to watch television to know more about other places surrounding them. The first reason why people are keen on this is no need of travelling expenditures. For instance, an European who is curous about Chinese Great Wall decides to see a touring channel about China because he could learn its historical background without spending his money to book an aeroplane to Beijing. Furthermore, the result of trustworthy information from a tour guide in programmes is also a positive side of lessons gained by watching travelling shows in TV. As an example, TV directors would not let their journalism being full of wrong facts about a culture, so they will always use an experienced tour guide to add more information quality.

Nevertheless, some lessons could not be learnt by watching shows in TV. First, some social etiquettes of a culture in different country are only accepted in the country itself. For example, eating by sounding chews is suggested in Japan while a consumer is eating noodles to respect the chef. Another thing people can learn from abroad travellings is how to talk with foreign language in the only place where it is used. This unparalleled chance can be illustrated when a traveller goes to Saudi Arabia which allow a traveller feeling the real taste of speaking Arabic with real community.

In conclusion, it is true that people would rather gain lessons from a country via television channels for some reasons though parts of lessons can only be achieved by actually travelling to that place. Hence, no ones can judge which one is better as foreign tourisms also offer unique benefits.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2 : TWO DIFFERENT WAYS IN GAINING LESSONS FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY