The two maps depict the land-use changes on an island. IELTS TASK 1

Mia33109 1 / -  
Hello, i'm preparing for ielts test and looking for some feedback about my writing. I will appreciate If you are willing to leave me some comments.

in maps - construction of some tourist facilities

Question:
The two maps below show an island, before and after the construction of some tourist facilities.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

Answer:

The two maps depict the changing of landuse on an island. Overall,it is clear from the graphs that there are more building of tourist infrastructure and a pier giving visitors access to the island after construction.

According to the proportional scale, the island was approximately 100 metres wide and 200 metres long. There was none of physical facilities built with only a few tress growing on the island and a beach extending from the west coast.

After planning and reconstruction, the island has been transformed into a scenic spot with a reception surrounded by vehicle track, connecting it to a restaurant in the north and to a pier on the south-coast island. In addition, there were some residences located on both side of the reception. Each housing were linked to a footpath forming a circle in the middle, and on the left side of residence, there was an extra path connecting to a beach available for swimming use on the western tip of the island.

Besides the developmental changes,it is also obvious to note that the eastern part of the land still remain undeveloped.

Mia, you wrote a pretty decent comparison report for the images presented. However, by using the proportional scale reference, you changed the information from "100 meters to the sea from the beach" to "100 meters wide and 200 meters long." There is no reference to 200 meters in either illustration. That is an analytical mistake on your part that could result in a scoring down of your TA score. Do not make up information, do not change the information, do not use information not backed up by the illustration either. I cannot stress this enough. In a task 1 essay, you are scored on the accuracy of your analysis and proper use of information in your essay. Avoid making such errors in the future in order to keep your possible score at the highest level your analytical writing can produce. You also failed to identify that a beach allotment was outlined in both illustrations along with references to the sea location.

Home / Writing Feedback / The two maps depict the land-use changes on an island. IELTS TASK 1