The two maps represent some changes that were made on the island for tourism purposes.

uhthnim 1 / -  

An island, before and after the construction of some tourist facilities

.

The two maps below represent some changes that were made on the island for tourism purposes.
It can be seen from the maps that lots of things were added, including accommodation and
traveling service, while not expanding the area of the island.
One of the most noticeable changes is the increase in the number of houses. Before constructing, the island didn't have any resting places. After that, there were over 10 beach-style hostels added. Restaurant and reception were also built in order to provide tourists with convenience.

Traffic issues were considered, too. From such an isolated place, the island became more easy-access since being renovated. Footpath and vehicle track were added so that visitors are able to commute around it easily. Some activities like sailing or swimming were set up, which completely transformed this site into a touristy island. Besides those changes, the number of trees still remained the same, as well as their location.

Do not offer an analysis of the island. You are only to describe the illustration, without any personal point of view or input that is not included in the original image. So refrain from saying things like:

- which completely transformed this site into a touristy island.
- Traffic issues were considered, too. ( a misstatement since no roads were added so no traffic considerations were needed)
- From such an isolated place...

Avoid using non-academic phrased such as; "lots of things". You are writing a professional descriptive report for a specific audience. Non-professional references should be avoided at all times. It removes the formality of the presentation.

Basically, you took a creative writing approach to a report which should have had a more formal writing presentation. After the summary of the discussion points, the two images needed to be described separately, in 2 paragraphs,with the 4th paragraph offering the comparison (before and after) points that would have been of note such as:

- No change in the measurement from the beach to the sea
- No beach ground expansion / reclamation
- Of the 2 sea fronts, one was developed for the resort facilities

Based on the description, only sailing was added as an activity. There was no mention nor image referring to swimming so that should not be included in the report. I fit is not in the image, it should not be mentioned in your report or description due to information accuracy considerations.
anthonyphan 2 / 4  
Overall, I think you have archived the task of describing the map. But I don't think these sentence (while not expanding the area of the island, the number of trees still remained the same, as well as their location.) needed to your essay because the map doesn't really provide the clear evidence for that statements.
julialisboa 1 / 5  
You did describe the map, but, for the essay purpose, it should have been in a more technical or "informative" manner, other than an opinionating one. Opinions can be found in many lines, as mentioned on other commentary.

Just attain the writting to the information visible on the map, without inferring any other ideas or info in order to try make it more complex or deep.

Home / Writing Feedback / The two maps represent some changes that were made on the island for tourism purposes.