The two pie charts illustrate the post academic qualifications of students in Canada

titus_saju 1 / 1 1  

Academic IELTS Writing Task 1

The two pie charts illustrate the post academic qualifications of students in Canada over two sets of age groups holding a degree, 25 to 35 and 45 to 55 respectively. Overall, the number of students aged between 25 -35 were considerably higher than the other group.

To begin, Humanities and nursing have experienced an increase in popularity among the older graduates where nursing rose by 4%. However, the major gain was for engineering, rising from 9% in young to 19% in elder graduates. Social Science and arts remained nearly constant and is the most popular field of study irrespective of the age group.

In contrast, Science, Math's and computers saw an increase in popularity by 8% among the young graduates. Similarly, proportion of students with the study of MBA rose to double, from 3% to 6% between the young and older academicians. Apart from that subjects such as administration, education and other studies fluctuated slightly among the two age groups wherein the difference was ranging between 1% - 5%.

To sum up, there were significantly more young than older graduates in Canada.

shahriar10 3 / 5  
Corrected: Overall, ... 25 -35 was considerably higher ...
linhchitran27 1 / 3  
the overall should be more than 1 sentence
kays 5 / 10 2  
Hi, I would like to give some feedback for your essay. Your illustration is quite good, but I think there are some points which can improve your essay.

You did well by comparing academic qualifications. But you can make your essay sharper by highlighting crucial data comparisions, such as what is the most qualifications held across both age groups (Social Sciences) and the big three dominators on each group : 25-35 has Social Sciences, Administration , Education while 45-55 has Social Sciences, Administration, and Engineering. Furthermore you can highlight that on the top three the difference is on Education vs Engineering. This can also act as your conclusion, as I think you conclusion is not strong enough.

Hope this helps :)

Home / Writing Feedback / The two pie charts illustrate the post academic qualifications of students in Canada